Awaba railway station
Southbound view in August 2007
|Location||Adelaide Street, Awaba
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||137.31 km (85.32 mi) from Central|
|Opened||15 August 1887|
Until its formal closure in December 1989, Awaba was the junction for the line to Wangi Power Station, the remnants of which remain behind Platform 1. North of the station are two passing loops, although the northbound one has now been disconnected.
Platforms and services
|1||services to Gosford & Sydney Central|||
|2||services to Newcastle|||
Hunter Valley Buses operate one route via Awaba station:
- Awaba Station NSWrail.net
- Fire damage at Awaba railway station Lake Macquarie City
- "Infrastructure" Railway Digest May 1993 page 199
- "Branch Closures" Railway Digest March 1990 page 112
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 5 January 2015.
- "Routes 274, 275 and 276 timetable". Hunter Valley Buses. 20 April 2015.