|No. 17 – Bilbao Basket|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
12 May 1983 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8.75 in (2.05 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 52nd overall|
|Selected by the Denver Nuggets|
Axel Hervelle (born 12 May 1983) is a Belgian professional basketball player for Bilbao Basket of the Spanish League. Hervelle was drafted by the Denver Nuggets in the second round (52nd pick) of the 2005 NBA Draft, becoming the first Belgian player ever to be drafted by an NBA team. He is a 2.05 m (6 ft 8¾ in) and 113.4 kg (250 lb.) small forward-power forward.
Hervelle spent the early part of his career in Belgium. He first played with Verviers-Pepinster in the Belgian League for four years, averaging 11.4 points and 10.6 rebounds per game in 16 games during the 2003-04 season and becoming the team captain at only 20 years old. Then he signed with the Spanish ACB League club Real Madrid. In the 2005-06 season, he averaged 24 minutes, 8.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game over 32 games.
- 2002-03 Second in the Belgian league with VOO Wolves Verviers-Pepinster.
- 2004-05 Champion of the ACB league with Real Madrid.
- 2004-05 Second in the King´s cup with Real Madrid.
- 2006-07 Champion of the ULEB Cup with Real Madrid.
- 2006-07 Champion of the ACB league with Real Madrid.
- 2010-11 Second in the ACB league with Bilbao Basket
- 2012-13 Second in the Eurocup with Bilbao Basket. 
Belgian national team
Hervelle has been a member of the senior Belgian national basketball team.
- Official Site
- Euroleague.net Profile
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com
- Draftexpress.com Profile
- Basketpedya.com Profile
|This biographical article relating to a Belgian basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|