Axel Hirsoux (2014)
|Birth name||Axel Hirsoux|
28 September 1982|
La Hestre, Manage, Belgium
|Genres||Pop, classical crossover|
Axel Hirsoux (born 26 September 1982) is a Belgian singer. He represented Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark with the song "Mother". In the final of the local pre-selection Eurosong, he received more than 50 percent of the televotes and 4 times the maximum of 12 points from the international jury.
2013: The Voice Belgique
In 2013, he participated in Walloon TV-talent-contests: and 'The Voice Belgique' (being eliminated in the second round).
2014–present: Eurovision Song Contest
In 2014 it was announced that Hirsoux would compete in Eurosong 2014, the Belgian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 organised by the Belgian broadcaster Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie (VRT). He performed the song "Mother" during the first Casting Show, the song progressed to the Semi-final. On 9 March 2014 he performed during the third Semi-final, he progressed to the Final. The final of the competition took place on 16 March 2014 at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp. He was announced as the winner and would represent Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 at the B&W Hallerne in Copenhagen, Denmark. During the semi-final allocation draw on 20 January 2014 at the Copenhagen City Hall, Belgium was drawn to compete in the second half of the first semi-final on 6 May 2014. The song failed to qualify from the first semi-final, placing 14th and scoring 28 points. After the contest on 7 July 2014 he released the single "Bellissimo". In November 2014 Hirsoux & Camille Beniest released the single "Because You Need Me". On 1 June 2015 he released the single "Haut l'humain".
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Because You Need Me"
(with Camille Beniest)
|"Au plus près de mes rêves"||2016||—||—|
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released.|
- Granger, Anthony (16 March 2014). "Belgium: Axel Hirsoux Has Won!". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Belgium: Axel Hirsoux wins Eurosong with 'Mother'". wiwibloggs.com. March 16, 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "Eurosong 2014: Axel Hirsoux (Dutch)". showbizzsite.be.
- iTunes - Music - Bellissimo - Single by Axel Hirsoux
- iTunes - Music - Because You Need Me - Single by Axel Hirsoux & Camille
- iTunes - Music - Haut l'humain - Single by Axel Hirsoux
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie Axel Hirsoux". Belgium (Flanders) Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Archived from the original on 2014-06-14.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Axel Hirsoux". Belgium (Wallonia) Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung). Archived from the original on 2014-06-14.
- "Axel Hirsoux getrouwd met een man". Gazet van Antwerpen. 7 May 2014.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Love Kills"
| Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "Rhythm Inside"
|This Belgian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|