|Born||April 3, 1896|
Bergsholti in Staðarveit, Snaefellsnessyslu
|Died||August 12, 1957(aged 61)|
|Known for||Lighthouse Designs|
|Spouse(s)||Aðalbjorg Sigurbjornsdottir |
Guðrun Olafia Sigurðardottir
Oddny Lára Emilia Petursdóttir
Axel Sveinsson (3 April 1896 - 12 August 1957) was a civil engineer, having received his engineering degree in Copenhagen in 1927. He is noted for having designed several lighthouses in Iceland; these include the lighthouses at Hólmsbergsviti, Garðskagi, Þrídrangaviti and Knarrarós. A postage stamp depicting the Vattarnes lighthouse at Reyðarfjörður, which was designed by Axel, was issued in 2013.
- Information about Axel Sveinsson Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- Obituary Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- View Attraction - Hólmsbergsviti Archived July 14, 2014, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- AFREKSVERK FRÁ LIÐINNI ÖLD Retrieved 2102-06-21
- Visit Reykjanes Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- Þrídrangaviti - Heimaslod Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Northern Iceland". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- Iceland – Lighthouses III Retrieved 2014-07-10.
|This article about an engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Icelandic biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|