AXELOS

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Axelos)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

AXELOS is a joint venture set up in 2014 by the Government of the United Kingdom and Capita, to develop, manage and operate qualifications in best practice, in methodologies formerly owned by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC).[1]

Portfolio[edit]

AXELOS manages:

  • Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
  • PRojects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2)
  • Management of Risk (M_o_R)
  • Portfolio Management (MoP)
  • Management of Value (MoV)
  • ITIL (Formerly: Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
  • Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O)
  • P3M3
  • RESILIA
  • PRINCE2 Agile

There are third-party training providers, but Axelos manages certification. In April 2014, AXELOS announced that it was also launching a cyber-resilience qualification;[2] this would complement guidance available from CESG.

Background[edit]

The portfolio was originally developed for UK government, and is valuable; the government periodically requests tenders for private-sector partners to manage it. Historically, this had been APMG. However, in April 2013 Capita won the contract, under a new arrangement which required them to invest in a joint venture. Capita hold a 51% majority stake, the Cabinet Office the remaining 49%.[3] This joint venture, AXELOS, was formed in July 2013, and it took over from APMG on 01 January 2014.[4] [5]

References[edit]

  1. ^ "About Axelos". Axelos. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
  2. ^ "Axelos to launch cyber resilience portfolio". Computer World. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
  3. ^ Capita acquires majority stake in ITIL and PRINCE2 Archived 2016-01-30 at the Wayback Machine., 2013
  4. ^ "Axelos, Capita and the PRINCE2 Joint Venture". Advantage Learning. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
  5. ^ "AXELOS to maximise profits in PRINCE2 and other best practice products", July 31, 2013

External links[edit]