|Rajesh Yohannan (Director & CEO), Goran Drapac (Founder and non-Executive Chairman)|
|Brands||AxiTrader, AxiPrime, AxiSelect|
|Services||Currency trading, Foreign exchange trading, CFDs|
Number of employees
AxiCorp Financial Services Pty Ltd is an online margin Forex business providing Foreign Exchange (Forex) trading, Contract for Difference (CFD) trading and currency transfer services. The company is headquartered in Sydney, Australia and has offices in London, Shanghai, Chisinau, Dubai, Riyadh and Jeddah.
AxiCorp is the parent organisation of the AxiTrader, AxiPrime and AxiSelect brands. AxiTrader is the company's flagship business as an online retail foreign exchange broker. AxiPrime is a prime brokerage for high volume traders. AxiSelect is an incubation and professional development program for individual traders.
In November 2007, Forex Plus Australia Pty Ltd was purchased by Goran Drapac, renamed AxisForex and, in 2008, began trading under its own retail and wholesale Forex trading license.
In February 2009 AxisForex launched its online margin forex trading business in Australia under the name AxisODL, a joint venture between AxisForex and ODL, a UK-based broker. In 2010 ODL was purchased by FXCM and the AxisODL joint venture was dissolved. Following the split, AxisForex changed its name to AxiCorp and the name of its online margin forex business to AxiTrader.
In 2012 AxiTrader entered the US market as an introducing broker with an office in Chicago.
In 2013 AxiTrader posted monthly trade volumes of $82 billion and AxiCorp was licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority to commence trading in the UK.
In 2014 AxiCorp launched a prime brokerage arm under the name AxiPrime. It also launched AxiSelect, an incubation and professional development program for aspiring traders, as a joint venture with FXWW.
In June 2016, AxiCorp founder Goran Drapac stepped down as Chief Executive Officer and appointed Rajesh Yohannan as the company's new CEO.
According to the company's own records, at the end of the 2015/2016 financial year AxiTrader had monthly volume of $100 billion.
Services and Technology
AxiTrader is an ECN Forex broker operating on the interbank network. It provides trading on more than 80 currency pairs, commodities and CFDs.
Access to the online trading network is offered through the MetaTrader 4 (“MT4”) electronic trading platform, developed by MetaQuotes. AxiTrader facilitates MT4 trading through major software operating systems including Microsoft Windows and Apple iOS, on mobile applications on the iOS and Android platforms, and through internet web browsers.
AxiTrader offers two types of trading accounts; a Demo account for virtual trading and education purposes and a Live account for active trading in foreign exchange and commodities markets. There are two forms of Live trading accounts: a Standard account which is the default for retail traders and a Pro account for professional traders that provides preferential spreads.
AxiTrader permits clients to subscribe to third party Virtual Private Server (“VPS”) providers to facilitate 24 hour network connectivity and automated trading (“Expert Advisors”). The broker also allows for the use of additional third party trade management tools including Autochartist, Signal Trader, Myfxbook, ZuluTrade, Forex Signals and Tradeworks.
Awards and nominations
The following is an incomplete list of awards and nominations received by AxiCorp and AxiTrader.
- 2014: Investment Trends Dec 2014 Australia FX Report –Recognition, “Strongest brand association with being trustworthy”
- 2014: Asia-Pacific Financial Investment Association –Winner, “Financial Institution of the Year”
- 2013: Investment Trends Dec 2013 Australia FX Report–“#1 for Customer Service”
- 2013: Investment Trends Dec 2013 Australia FX Report–“Most recommended Forex provider in Australia”
- 2013: CiOT Expo –Winner, “Best Forex Broker Asia”
- 2013: CiOT Expo –Winner, “Best IB and Affiliate Program Worldwide”
- 2012: CiOT Expo –Winner, “Best spreads”
- "AxiTrader Chairman Goran Drapac on new CEO Rajesh Yohannan - who he's replacing, Goran's own new role..." 10 June 2016.
- Pereira, Manesha (10 June 2016). "AxiCorp Financial Services gets OANDA's Rajesh Yohannan as new CEO". Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "Alpari UK closes over currency crisis". 28 July 2018 – via www.bbc.com.
- Julia, Unilar (7 August 2017). "AxiTrader - Do not trde with them until you read this review". Engine Forex Broker. Retrieved 28 July 2018.