|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Young All-Stars #1 (June 1987)
JLA #81 (July 2003)
Roy Thomas/Dann Thomas(script), Brian Murray (art)
Joe Kelly (script), Duncan Rouleau (pencils)
Sumo the Samurai
Axis Amerika is the name of two different teams of super-villains who have appeared in DC Comics.
Axis Amerika (World War II team)
The team's first known mission was to bring down American morale by killing their superheroes, then known as 'Mystery Men'. The Valkyrie Gudra actually steals the soul of one of them, the explosive hero known as TNT It was soon after this, that tsunami defects. She was then replaced with Kamikaze. During an intense battle, the Fledermaus is slain by Fury, while she is affected by the god Tisiphone. The Axis suffer a major defeat but return. The All-Stars are aided in this second fight by a similar group of heroes known as The Allies. This team consists of Fireball, Kuei, Phantasmo and the Squire.
- Übermensch - Counterpart of Superman.
- Grösshorn Eule ("Great Horned Owl") - Counterpart of Batman.
- Fledermaus ("Bat") - Counterpart of Robin. Killed in Young All-Stars #6.
- Gudra - A Valkyrie warrior and counterpart of Wonder Woman. She was also the Valkyrie originally summoned by Hitler to assassinate President Franklin D. Roosevelt, which originally inspired the formation of the Justice Society of America.
- Sea Wolf - A lycanthropic water spirit. Counterpart of Aquaman.
- Usil - An archer from fascist Italy. Counterpart of Green Arrow.
- Sumo the Samurai - A giant samurai and personal agent of Hirohito.
- Tsunami - Japanese hydrokinetic. Later joins the Young All-Stars.
- Kamikaze - A living missile. Another representative of Imperial Japan.
Axis America (Modern Age)
This team was an updated version of the old team and was created by Manson and his Clockwatchers organization; they have no relation to the original Axis Amerika. Axis America was a secret fascist cult who ran a children's home called Safe Haven. The JLA arrived to mediate between governmental forces and what they believed to be the innocent men and women inside the camp. Manson manipulated Faith, his former servant, causing her powers to go out of control. It seemed, to the public at large, that the JLA had killed thousands of innocent people.
Superman is imprisoned for the destruction of Safe Haven. Faith goes to Manson, promising to work for him if the JLA's name is cleared. The new Axis America consists of Übermensch (Shepherd), Hel (Vela), Zaladin, Fleshburn and Great White.
- Great White -
- Fleshburn -
- Hel/Vela -
- Manson -
- The Mouth -
- Übermensch/Shepherd -
- Zaladin -