|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Anant Gupta, CEO-HCL Technologies
Stephen Cardell, President - HCL AXON
HCL AXON is a British-based business transformation consultancy which sells its services to customers using SAP and Oracle as their Enterprise Resource Planning system modeling tools. Previously listed on the London Stock Exchange and a FTSE 250 Index constituent, the company has been a subsidiary of Indian outsourcing firm HCL Technologies since December 2008, after the reverse merger of Axon Group plc and HCL SAP practice.
The Company was founded by Mark Hunter, Donald Kirkwood and Paul Manweiler in 1994. It acquired Feanix in 2005. In August 2008 Infosys Technologies offered £407m to acquire the business. This offer was subsequently beaten by a rival offer for £441m by HCL Technologies. The acquisition by HCL was completed in December 2008.
On 17 July 2009 HCL AXON announced the acquisition of South Africa-based UCS Group’s Enterprise Solutions SAP practice.
On 1 July 2010, HCL AXON became the Enterprise Application Services part of HCL Technologies, incorporating SAP, Oracle and Microsoft offerings.
The Company provides the following services:
- Business consulting
- Solutions implementation
- Application management
- Business transformation
- SAP Integration Services
- Packaged offerings
- SAP Academy
- Oracle Applications and Technologies
- Microsoft solutions
- India’s Infosys offers £407m for British IT firm
- Indian bidding war puts £440m tag on UK’s Axon
- "HCL Tech to close 441 mn pounds Axon deal". The Economic Times. 11 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- Aiyah, Pallavi Q&A: Steve Cardell, CEO, HCL Axon Business Standard. June 29, 2015
- HCL Axon buys UCS Group's SAP operation
- HCL shifts focus from commodity IT to business
- Axon Group: Services