|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Anant Gupta, CEO-HCL Technologies
Stephen Cardell, President - HCL AXON
HCL AXON is a UK-based business transformation consultancy which sells its services to customers using SAP and Oracle as their Enterprise Resource Planning system modeling tools. Previously listed on the London Stock Exchange, and a FTSE 250 Index constituent, the company has been a subsidiary of Indian outsourcing firm HCL Technologies since December 2008, after the reverse merger of Axon Group plc and HCL SAP practice.
The Company was founded by Mark Hunter, Donald Kirkwood and Paul Manweiler in 1994. It acquired Feanix in 2005. In August 2008 Infosys Technologies offered £407m to acquire the business. This offer was subsequently beaten by a rival offer for £441m by HCL Technologies. The acquisition by HCL was completed in December 2008.
On 7 September 2005, HCL Axon expanded its operations base in the counties of Armagh and Belfast in Northern Ireland. At the 2006 UK Trade and Investment India Business Awards in New Delhi, the then UK Prime Minister Tony Blair announced the expansion, which is aimed at creating more IT and BPO jobs in the area. HCL Armagh and HCL Northern Ireland acquired the Armagh-based Answerall Direct earlier in 2005. HCL BPO services in Ireland are carried out through its main delivery centers in Armagh and Belfast.
On 17 July 2009 HCL AXON announced the acquisition of South Africa-based UCS Group’s Enterprise Solutions SAP practice.
On 1 July 2010, HCL AXON became the Enterprise Application Services part of HCL Technologies, incorporating SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft offerings. In November 2011, after HCL revealed an expansion plan in the Irish Republic county of Kilkenny, its Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) division in Northern Ireland won a contract for back-office services from the Department of Health. It was aimed at increasing the number of jobs and other employment opportunities in the region.
The Company provides the following services:
- Business consulting
- Solutions implementation
- Application management
- Business transformation
- SAP Integration Services
- Packaged offerings
- SAP Academy
- Oracle Applications and Technologies
- Microsoft solutions
- Wray, Richard (25 August 2008). "Technology: India's Infosys offers £407m for British IT firm".
- "HCL Tech to close 441 mn pounds Axon deal". The Economic Times. 11 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-14.
- Aiyah, Pallavi Q&A: Steve Cardell, CEO, HCL Axon Business Standard. June 29, 2015
- "Prime Minister Announces 600 New Jobs for Armagh and Belfast". Invest NI. 8 September 2005. Retrieved June 29, 2016.
- Ribeiro, John. "India's HCL to add 600 staff in Northern Ireland".
- SiliconIndia. "HCL Axon buys UCS Group's SAP operation".
- HCL shifts focus from commodity IT to business
- Fitzpatrick, Jim (16 February 2012), "HCL won £18m contract from Department of Health", BBC, retrieved 10 June 2016
- "Business Process Outsourcing". HCL Tech. Retrieved 23 June 2016.