Axonopus compressus (syn. Axonopus compressus (Sw.) P.Beauv. var. australis G.A.Black, Milium compressum Sw., Paspalum compressum (Sw.) Nees, Paspalum platycaule Willd. ex Steud., Paspalum platycaulon Poir.) is a species of grass. It is often used as a permanent pasture, groundcover, and turf in moist, low fertility soils, particularly in shaded situations. It is generally too low-growing to be useful in cut-and-carry systems or for fodder conservation.
While not optimal, it is occasionally used for football fields especially those which are not for elite competitions or where only a low level of maintenance can be done.
- English: broadleaf carpetgrass, carpet-grass, American carpet grass, tropical carpet grass, blanket grass, lawn grass, Louisiana grass, savanna grass, Kearsney grass,
- Fijian: kambutu ni vavalangi
- French: buffalo américain
- Spanish: "Grama Brasilera( Arg.)", alfombra, grama bahiana, grama trenza, zacate amargo, zacate dulce
- Portuguese: grama-são-carlos, grama curitibana, grama-sempre-verde, grama tapete, capim-bananal, pasto
- Malay: "rumput" (grass - common species found natively in South East Asia)
- Animal Feed Resources Information System: Axonopus compressus
- Tropical Forages: Axonopus compressus
- USDA Plants Profile: Axonopus compressus
|This Panicoideae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|