(Company limited by shares)
|Revenue||CHF 6.67 bn (2013/14)|
Number of employees
Axpo Holding AG is an energy utility with its operational headquarters in Baden, Switzerland (Canton Aargau, Switzerland), with 2013/14 revenue of around CHF 6.67 billion; it is one of the largest Swiss companies by revenue. Axpo is owned by "the cantons of North Eastern Switzerland and their cantonal utility companies", with Zurich and its utilities holding a stake of around 36%.
In 2002 Axpo acquired energy trader EGL AG (formerly Elektrizitätsgesellschaft Laufenburg AG); in 2012 it raised its 91% stake to 100% and merged EGL into Axpo.
In September 2013 Axpo Trading moved its headquarters from Laufenburg to Dietikon. In October 2013 it was reported that Axpo and its Aargau canton shareholder were continuing to support the Trans Adriatic Pipeline, in which Axpo holds 5% of shares.
Axpo Solutions is a new entity by Axpo Holdings, founded at the beginning of September 2017 is intended to attract investors on the stock exchange.
- Axpo Holding AG Financial Report 2013–14, p.6
- Axpo Holding, Shareholders Archived September 15, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- lngworldnews.com, Switzerland: EGL Becomes Axpo, 1 October 2012
- Aargauer Zeitung, http://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/aargau/fricktal/axpo-trading-ag-verlaesst-laufenburg-und-ist-zurueck-in-der-arbeitsgruppe-127219281
- http://www.axpo.com/axpo/uk/en/media/medienmitteilungen/2013/juli/Axpo-gewinnt-internationale-Partner-fuer-TAP-und-reduziert-ihren-Anteil-auf-fuenf-Prozent.html[permanent dead link]
- "Axpo erwartet positives Jahresergebnis und sieht Börse als Möglichkeit". www.shn.ch (in German). Retrieved 2017-09-21.