Axtell Independent School District
|Axtell Independent School District|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Motto||Aiming for Excellence|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. JR Proctor|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||77.85 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||9.85 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A Football Division I|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Axtell Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Axtell, Texas (USA). The district is located in eastern McLennan County and extends into portions of Hill and Limestone counties.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $111,700,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.000 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in six schools.
- Regular instructional
- Axtell High School (Grades 9-12)
- Axtell Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Axtell Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
- Alternative instructional
- Axtell Bruceville-Eddy Learning Center (Grades 4-12)
- Waco Center for Youth (Grades 7-12)
- JJAEP instructional
- Challenge Academy (Grades 6-12)
- Closed schools
- Methodist Home Boys Ranch
- "Texas School Directory 2014-15" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Axtell ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Axtell High School Football". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|