||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Developer(s)||Axure Software Solutions|
8.0 (Windows), 8.0 (Mac) / April 15, 2016
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 10, Mac OS X|
Axure RP Pro is a wireframing, rapid prototyping, documentation and specification software tool aimed at web and desktop applications. It offers drag and drop placement, resizing, and formatting of widgets.
Axure supports prototyping Rich Internet Applications by mapping desired interface behaviors (such as displaying or hiding an element) in response to actions like mouse clicks or touch gestures. Axure RP generates HTML web sites and Microsoft Word documents as output.
The Axure RP Pro application window is divided into 7 main areas:
- sitemap - a hierarchical list of pages
- masters (templates, or reusable collections of widgets)
- design area
- page notes and interactions
- widget annotations and interactions
- widget manager - a list of all elements on the page
Widgets available include:
- wireframe: image, text panel, hyperlink, rectangle, table, line (horizontal/vertical), menu (horizontal/vertical), tree
- form controls: button (various shapes, including tab buttons), text field, text area, drop-down list, list box, checkbox, radio button
- placeholder, inline frame, dynamic panel (used to achieve interactivity)
Users create custom controls by combining existing widgets and assigning actions in response to events such as OnClick, OnMouseOver and OnMouseOut or touch gestures like pinch and swipe. For example, interface panels can have a number of states, each being activated by clicking on an element such as a tab button, list-box item, or action button
The current version of the software "Axure RP 8" is available as a subscription or perpetual license for commercial use. There are now three versions: Pro, Team and Enterprise. The Pro version includes the primary functionality including documentation and Axure Share Publishing. The Team version adds co-authoring for team projects, revision history and team project hosting on Axure Share. The Enterprise version includes all of the above, plus Axure Share On-Premises allowing licensees to publish to their own servers and a variety of other functionality. A 30-day free trial is available.
Previously, the software was commercially licensed in two versions: Axure RP Standard and Axure RP Pro. Both versions require payment for commercial use, with perpetual licenses at no price for version upgrades. The Pro product is available for free to students and teachers, and with discounts to educational institutions. The Pro version adds documentation features, including layout control, output to Microsoft Word and Excel, and support for team projects.
- "Using Axure for Building Wireframes". Appnovation. July 28, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Comparing Popular Layer-Based and Code-Based Prototyping Tools". UX Magazine. November 25, 2014. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- ."AXURE 201 - Article 1: Dynamic Panels". Axure.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "Axure home page". Axure.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Buy". Axure.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Compare Axure RP Pro and Std". Axure.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.