This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||A-ya (あーや)|
|Born||May 9, 1984|
|Genres||Japanese pop, classical|
Hirahara comes from a musical family; her father, Makoto Hirahara, is a saxophone player, her grandfather, Tsutomu Hirahara, was a trumpet player, and her older sister, Aika Hirahara, also is a singer under the EMI Music Japan label. Ayaka was a member of the Matsuyama Ballet for 11 years, beginning at age 6. She started playing saxophone when she was 13 years old, then learned classical saxophone at Senzoku Gakuen High School. Currently, she is studying in the Faculty of Jazz majoring in saxophone at Senzoku Gakuen College of Music. Her first single, "Jupiter", was released in Japan in December 2003, and went on to be one of the biggest selling singles of 2004. The melody of the song is based on the "Jupiter" movement in The Planets Suite by Gustav Holst. Similarly, the melody of her song, "Siciliana", is based on "Siciliano" by Johann Sebastian Bach.
She then released a series of classical themed My Classics albums from 2009 to 2011. She continued her career on Dreamusic until 2013. Shortly after, she moved to Universal Music Japan under Nayutawave Record and released her debut single on the Universal label, titled "Tsubasa" (Wing). She is going to release another single, titled "Shine - 未来へかざす火のように" on November 13, 2013. The single is used for soundtrack of the Koei game Nobunaga's Ambition. She is scheduled to release her debut album with Universal on December 4, 2013. On November 1, Universal revealed the track list of Ayaka's new upcoming album (one of which is her cover version of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Misérables ). The aforementioned album reached #32 on Oricon Ranking.
- Odyssey (2004)
- The Voice (2004)
- From To (2005)
- Yottsu no L (2006)
- Sora (2007)
- Path of Independence (2008)
- My Classics! (2009)
- My Classics 2 (2010)
- My Classics 3 (2011)
- Doki! (2012)
- What I Am (2013)
- Winter Songbook (2014)
- Prayer (2015)
- Love (2016)
- Love 2 (2017)
- Hajime Mashite (2019)
- Jupiter: Ayaka Hirahara Best (2008)
- 10th Anniversary Singles Collection: Dear Jupiter (2013)
Also appearing in the anime Saiunkoku Monogatari was Hirahara's song, "Hajimari No Kaze" (also from Yottsu no L). The song was used as the show's opening theme song for the two seasons that were aired.
Her version of the song "Tsubasa o Kudasai" appeared in episode 5 of the drama Orthros no Inu sung under the stage name Ray.
- Greenberg, Adam. "Biography: Ayaka Hirahara". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "本日7/24（水）より、シングル「翼」の着うた®、着うたフル®、シングル配信開始！". Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "平原綾香 ゲームソフト「信長の野望・創造」に平原綾香が"武将"として登場！！". Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "平原綾香 10周年の節目に約1年9ヶ月振りとなるオリジナルアルバムリリース決定！！". Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "12月4日リリースアルバム「What I am」の詳細が発表になりました！". Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "What I am - 平原綾香". Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Oceans Japanese Website". Gaga Corporation. Archived from the original on 10 October 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2010.