|Country of origin||Indonesia|
Ayam Ketawa or "laughing chicken" is a breed of chicken originating from the area of Sidenreng Rappang in South Sulawesi, Indonesia. It is one of several breeds of long-crowing chicken prized for the clarity and unusual length of their crows. The crow of Ayam Ketawa cocks has an unusual similarity to a human laugh. The breed was originally held as a status symbol of the Buginese royal family, but has entered into higher popularity in recent times since the fall of the monarchy. Today it is still seen as a symbol of courage, social status and heroism and they compete in contests for the most perfect crow, for the Governor of Sulawesi Cup.
- "Study of Body Dimension of Gaga' Chicken, Germ Plasm of Local Chicken From South Sulawesi-Indonesia" (PDF). ijpaes.com. International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Bangga dengan Ayam Gaga". ditjennak.deptan.go.id. Indonesian Directorate of Livestock Breeding. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Gaga'/Indonesia". dad.fao.org. Food and Agriculture Organisation; United Nations. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "The Cockcrow Cup". JakartaPost. 16 March 2011. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Crowing sound analysis of Gaga chicken: Local chicken from South Sulawesi Indonesia" (PDF). ijaeps.com. International Journal of Plant, Animal and Environmental Sciences. Retrieved 8 July 2014.