This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Known for||character design, illustration|
Ayami Kojima (小島 文美, Kojima Ayami) is a Japanese artist. She has often worked in video games as a character designer and is most known for her work on the Castlevania series of video games with Konami. She is self-taught and enjoys reading shōnen manga.
Style and media
Generally speaking, the sketch and composition is laid out using the Conté crayon. Shadows are darkened monochromatically using both Conté and India ink. The color composition is then blocked in using diluted acrylics. The three-dimensional textured aspects in the majority of her paintings are created using molding paste and a palette knife. During the addition of stronger colors additional water and the artists' fingers (smudging) are used to create the glowing gradiation which is apparent in much of Kojima's artwork. Once the base paint is finished, metallic paints are applied with a palette knife. Glows and highlights are enhanced using a gloss polymer medium.
She will work on the packaging artwork for physical copies of the game Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for those who donated 100 dollars or more. She has said she "only offer a small amount of time" for the project. The game is set for a 2019 release date.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Konami, 1997)
- Söldnerschild (Koei, 1998)
- Chou-Denki Card Battle: Youfu Makai - Kikuchi Shuugyou (Koubunsha, 1999)
- Castlevania Chronicles (Konami, 2001)
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (Konami, 2002)
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (Konami, 2003)
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (Konami, 2003)
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (Konami, 2005)
- Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (Konami, 2007)
- Samurai Warriors 3 Artbook (Koei, 2009)
- Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Konami, 2010)
- Dynasty Warriors 7 Artbook (Koei, 2011)
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Artwork Packaging (Inti Creates, 2018)
- Alexandrite (Shikiko Yamaai, 2006)
- Island of Depraved Angels(堕天使の島)(Yama Ai Himeko, 2011)
- Shikisai Oukoku vol. 3(1999)
- Bozon, Mark (2007-01-18). "IGN: Castlevania: The Retrospective". IGN. Archived from the original on 2007-11-02. Retrieved 2010-03-03.
- Porter, Matt (2015-05-26). "Ayami Kojima Joins Bloodstained Kickstarter Backer Rewards". IGN. Archived from the original on 2015-05-26. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- Santa Lilio Sangre Artbook Official website (in Japanese)
- Vampire Killer: Castlevania Gallery and Translation Resource
- Naïmoka: The Artworks' Sanctuary - Ayami Kojima
- La Villa di Cauchemar - Ayami Kojima
- Kelesis Home Page - Ayami Kojima
- Creative Uncut - Artist Profile: Ayami Kojima
|This Japanese artist–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Konami-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|