|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California|
(CEO & Co-Founder)
(VP of Research & Co-Founder)
|Services||Big Data Analytics|
Number of employees
Ayasdi is an enterprise software company that sells big data analytics technology to organizations looking to analyze high-dimensional, high volume data sets. Organizations and companies have deployed Ayasdi's software across a variety of use cases including the development of clinical pathways for hospitals, fraud detection, trading strategies, oil & gas well development, drug development and national security applications.
Ayasdi was founded in 2008 by Gunnar Carlsson, Gurjeet Singh, and Harlan Sexton after 12 years of R&D at Stanford University. During the 12 years of R&D the founders received $1.25 million in DARPA and IARPA grants for "high-risk, high-payoff research". In 2012 Ayasdi landed a series A round of funding led by Floodgate Capital and Khosla Ventures for $10.25 million. On July 16, 2013 Ayasdi closed a $30.6 million in series B funding from Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), GE Ventures, and Citi Ventures. On March 25, 2015 Ayasdi announced a new $55M round of Series C funding, led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), and joined by existing investors, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Khosla Ventures, FLOODGATE, Citi Ventures, and new investors, Centerview Capital Technology and Draper Nexus.
Ayasdi Core 3.0 allows domain experts and data scientists alike to run topological data analysis on big data sets allowing them to answer unknown data questions. Ayasdi currently has dozens of customers using Core in industries including oil & gas, financial services, life science, and the public sector.
- "Ayasdi: A Big Data Start-Up With a Long History". The New York Times. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 03/05/2013. Check date values in:
- "A cure for cancer? This 'big data' startup says it can deliver". Venturebeat. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 03/05/2013. Check date values in:
- "Venture capital deals". CNNMoney. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 03/05/2013. Check date values in:
- "Ayasdi Comes Out of Stealth With $10.25M to Anwser Unknown Data Questions". Betakit. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 03/05/2013. Check date values in:
- "DARPA-Backed Ayasdi Launches With $10M From Khosla, Floodgate To Uncover The Hidden Value In Big Data". Techcrunch. 2013-01-16. Retrieved 03/05/2013. Check date values in:
- "Extracting insights from the shape of complex data using topology". Nature. 2012-09-13. Retrieved 04/01/2013. Check date values in: