|Elevation||2,000 m (7,000 ft)|
Khaidarkan Mercury Plant (KMP)
The Khaidarkan Mercury Plant (KMP) was the third largest producer of primary mercury in 2005. The ore reserves exploited are located in or near Khaidarkan. The Minamata Convention on Mercury includes provisions which will eliminate primary mercury mining.
- World Gazetteer: Kyrgyzstan – World-Gazetteer.com
- "2009 population census of the Kyrgyz Republic: Batken Region" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 August 2011. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- 2012 Law on the transformation of individual urban settlements of the Kyrgyz Republic and relating them to the category of village or city
- "Primary Mercury Mining: Historical and Current Trends" (PDF). EPA.gov. EPA. July 24, 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 11, 2015. Retrieved January 11, 2015.
In 2005, KMP produced between 304 m.t./yr and 600 m.t./yr mercury
- "Kyrgyz Primary Mercury Mine Project"
|This Batken Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|