November 19, 1956 |
|Alma mater||Azerbaijan State University,
Moscow State University
|Occupation||Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, Ethnography in Caucasus|
Balayev was born on November 19, 1956 in Baku, capital of Azerbaijan. In 1980, he graduated cum laude from the Department of History of Azerbaijan State University and in 1982 he started working at the Archeology and Ethnography Institute of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences. In 1983-1985, Balayev was a researcher at the Ethnography Department of the Moscow State University. From 1985 he continued his doctoral studies at the Ethnography Institute of USSR Academy of Sciences in Moscow, graduating with a PhD in History in 1988.
In 2001, while in Baku, he defended another dissertation on the Azerbaijani Independence Movement in 1917-1918. He currently serves as the Program Chair at the Center for National and International Studied and is a member of Academy of National Sciences of Azerbaijan.
- The Azerbaijani National Movement: From Müsavat to the National Front (Baku, 1992)
- Azerbaijani Independence Movement in 1917-1918 (Baku, 1998)
- Ethnolinguistic processes in the 19th-20th centuries (Baku, 2005)
- February Revolution and National Achievements (Moscow, 2008)
- March 1918: A Defining Moment For Azerbaijan (Tbilisi, 2009)
- Mammad Emin Rasulzade (1884-1955) (Moscow, 2009)
- Azerbaijani Turks: National Awareness Processes (Baku, 2010)
- History of Azerbaijan. From Ancient Times to the Beginning of the 20th Century (Baku, 1993)
- Azerbaijanis. Historical ethnographic overview (Baku, 1998)
- Azeris (Baku, 2005)
Balayev has additionally published many articles on the history of Azerbaijani independence movement in the 1980s-1990s, Karabakh conflict, regional processes in Caucasus in the United States, Great Britain, Germany, France, Canada, Denmark and Russia. In total, Balayev has authored 72 books, 16 of which were published abroad, and 6 monographs.
- "People's biography bank. Aydın Balayev". Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "Azerbaijan National Sciences Academy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-16. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "March 1918: A Defining Moment For Azerbaijan". ADA Biweekly. 2011-10-17. Archived from the original on 2011-09-03. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "Aydın Balayev Demokratik Respublika ilə bağlı daha bir kitab ortaya qoydu" [Aydin Balayev published another book on Azerbaijan Democratic Republic]. Baki Xeber. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- Javid Turan (2010-06-21). "AYDIN BALAYEV AZƏRBAYCAN TÜRKLƏRİ HAQDA KİTAB YAZIB" [Aydin Balayev authored a book about Azerbaijani Turks]. Musavat. Archived from the original on 2012-02-04. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
|This biographical article about an Azerbaijani historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|