Ayer Keroh has become home to medical students from all over Malaysia as well as foreigners due to it being the location of Malacca-Manipal Medical College. Since its inception in 1997, it has produced many doctors who are currently serving the needs of their respective countries. It is also the location of the Malacca campus of Multimedia University (MMU), which was established in 1996 and is the first private university approved by the Government of Malaysia. The Malacca campus houses the Centre for Foundation Studies and Extension Education and three Faculties: Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Information Science and Technology and Faculty of Business and Law.
Here also is the industrial campus of Technical University of Malaysia Malacca (UTeM). The industrial campus is located at Taman Tasik Utama Industrial site. It houses all temporary faculties (except for Faculty of Electrical; FKE and also Faculty of Electronic and Computer Engineering, FKEKK which at permanent campus at Durian Tunggal, Malacca), and also the chancelorry office. Besides that, Ayer Keroh is also the home of Kolej Yayasan Saad, a fully residential school. KYS International School shares a campus with Kolej Yayasan Saad. The International School is staffed by expatriate teachers and specialises in teaching Cambridge A Levels to high performing students from all over Malaysia.
The Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh, established in 1986 and moved to its current location in August 1995, is a private hospital located in the town, offering wide range of medical services and facilities to the residents.
The town is a major tourist spot of the state, apart from the old Malacca Town, due to its recent hosting of various interesting attractions. List of tourist attractions here are:
- Aborigines Museum
- Ayer Keroh Lake
- Ayer Keroh Square
- Bee Gallery Malacca
- Garden of Thousand Flowers – (Malay: Taman Seribu Bunga) is a park in Ayer Keroh. The park is under the management of Hang Tuah Jaya Municipal Council. The park was officiated by Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi on 30 June 2007. The park spans over an area of 5.3 hectares. It features walking tracks, fountains, pergola, prayer room, toilets and rest area. Entry to the park is free.
- Malacca Bird Park
- Malacca Botanical Garden
- Malacca Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary
- Malacca Craft Centre
- Malacca Crocodile Farm
- Malacca International Trade Centre
- Malacca Planetarium
- Malacca Wonderland
- Malacca Zoo
- Mini Malaysia and ASEAN Cultural Park
- Prison Products Gallery
- World's Bees Museum
The Ayer Keroh toll is the main entry point into Melaka state using the North-South Expressway. This makes it easily accessible from any part of Peninsular Malaysia. The town is about 2 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur and one hour from Seremban. Ayer Keroh is also about 3 hours drive from Singapore.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ayer Keroh.|
- "Ayer Keroh in Malacca". malacca.ws.
- "Pantai Malaysia > Our Hospitals > Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh". pantai.com.my.
- "Garden of Thousand Flowers". AmazingMelaka.com.