Ayman Hazza' al-Majali
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ayman Hazza' al-Majali|
Ayman Majali (left) King Hussein of Jordan (right)
|Deputy Prime Minister|
15 January 2000 – 18 June 2000
|Minister of Information & Minister of Youth|
1 September 1999 – 18 June 2000
|Chief Of Royal Protocol|
|Member Of Parliament|
|Born||February 20, 1949
|Relations||Hazza' al-Majali, Hussein Al-Majali, Habis al-Majali, Princess Taghrid, King Hussein of Jordan King Abdullah II|
|Alma mater||Lebanese University|
Ayman Hazza' al-Majali (Arabic: أيمن هزاع المجالي) is the former Deputy Prime Minister of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. He is the son of Jordans late Premier Hazza' al-Majali. As a Member of Jordans House of Representatives he also headed the parliaments Lower House Finance Committee.
Al-Majali received his bachelor's degree in History from the Lebanese University in 1973. He began his political career working in the Jordanian Foreign Ministry before he became an attache at the Jordanian Embassy in Washington. In 1976 al-Majali returned to Jordan and was appointed acting Chief of Protocol for the foreign ministry until 1980 when he became the Director of the office of Queen Noor of Jordan. In 1993 king Hussein of Jordan appointed al-Majali as his Chief of Royal Protocol and with time he became one of the Kings top advisers.
He is one of five children born to late Jordanian Prime Minister Hazza' al-Majali. His eldest brother, Amjad Hazza' al-Majali, served as the Jordanian Ambassador in Bahrain and Greece, and eventually became Minister of Labor during the government of Ali Abu al-Ragheb. His brother, Lt. Gen. Hussein Al-Majali, is the Minister of Municipal and Rural affairs. His sister Princess Taghrid, is married to Prince Muhammad bin Talal, the brother of King Hussein and uncle of King Abdullah II.
- King names Rawabdeh to head new government Archived February 17, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://www.jordantimes.com/index.php?news=42208 Smart cards proposed as means to target gov’t subsidies - Jordan Times
- http://jordantimes.com/index.php?news=33941 Lower House wants number of independent gov’t entities cut to 42 - Jordan Times
- http://www.jweekly.com/includes/print/10122/article/hussein-s-death-leaves-israel-jordan-in-flux/ Hussein’s death leaves Israel, Jordan in flux | Friday, February 12, 1999 | by MATTHEW DORF
- http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-1995-06-09/html/95-13832.htm Clintons Schedule Hillary Clinton's activities as First Lady, 1993-2001 | Page 1806
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-02-17. Retrieved 2012-02-04. King names Rawabdeh to head new government
- The Arab center: the promise of moderation By Marwan Muasher
- http://www.bna.bh/portal/en/news/365694?date=2011-04-15 Labor Minister receives ALO director general 05/01/2004
- Public Security Directorate - Jordan
- http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/prince_muhammad.html Biographical Information | H.R.H. Prince Muhammad Bin Talal The Personal Representative of His Majesty the King
- "The Royal Forums". The Royal Forums. Retrieved 2012-02-04.