AySel in 2009
|Also known as||AySel|
|Born||April 25, 1989|
|Origin||Baku, Azerbaijan SSR, Soviet Union|
|Occupation(s)||singer, actress, photomodel|
|Years active||2005 – 2012|
|Labels||Warner Music, Sony BMG|
Aysel was born in the Azerbaijani capital Baku, the youngest of the three daughters of a journalist and university professor. She is a descendant of the nineteenth-century Azerbaijani author and journalist Hasan bey Zardabi. Her maternal grandmother was half-Russian, half-Ukrainian. Aysel started to sing at the age of four and the piano became her passion since childhood.
Aysel graduated from the Intellect Lyceum in Baku and attended Texas High School (Texarkana, Texas) in 2005–2006. Within days of her arrival in the United States, she signed up for the local choir and began training for young vocalists competitions. While in the U.S., Aysel won three gold medals at contests held in the Southern Arkansas University and in the University of Texas at Austin. In 2005, she participated in Season 4 of the national song contest Yeni Ulduz ("New Star"). As of January 2009, Teymurzadeh was majoring in International Relations at the Azerbaijan University of Languages.
In January 2009, Teymurzadeh was selected internally by İTV to represent Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow, Russia along with Iranian-Swedish singer Arash with the song "Always". Aysel became the first female singer to represent the country at the Eurovision Song Contest and only the second act ever to do so. On May 16, 2009, Aysel Teymurzadeh and Arash finished third with 207 points, among the 25 performers that qualified for the Eurovision grand final.
Aysel together with Arash became the winner of the 4th Annual ESC Radio Awards in the category of the Best Group.
On May 28, Teymurzadeh announced going on a European tour with Arash, involving concerts in countries such as Sweden, Greece and Russia. Upon return she announced that together with Arash and his team she is working on an album, which will be released by Sony BMG and Warner Music. The date of release is unknown.
In May 2012, Teymurzadeh got engaged to Murad Adigozalov, 39, director of the Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Society and divorced father of two children. According to some sources, her plan after marriage is to leave the big stage and only perform on official events. In December 2012, Teymurzadeh gave birth to the couple's first child.
In May 2014, it was reported that Aysel Teymurzadeh was five months pregnant with the couple's second child.
In June 2016, it became known that Teymurzadeh waiting for a third child.
- 2009 — "Always"
- 2010 — "Fallin'"
- 2010 — "Azerbaijan"
- 2010 — "Yanaram" (Azeri-language version of "Fallin'")
- 2010 — "Don't Let the Morning Come"
- 2010 — "San"
- 2011 — "Tonight"
- (Russian) Day.Az. Мама Айсель Теймурзаде: «Нас с Россией и Украиной связывает очень многое»
- AySel (Azerbaijan): Biography
- Azerbaijan: Aysel Teymurzadeh to Eurovision Archived January 19, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Norway in 'Fairytale' Eurovision win. RTÉ.ie. 17 May 2009. Archived September 1, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- ESC Radio Awards 2009 Archived December 15, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- APA. Aysel and Arash to give concerts in Sweden, Russia and Greece. Archived February 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- APA. Aysel: I receive many offers of marriage after the Eurovision. Archived April 7, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Eurovision Song Contest. Snippets: Alexander's video; ask Yohanna; Aysel's new album
- esctoday.com. Azerbaijan: AySel stars TV commercial Archived August 3, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Azerbaijan Show Business Reps Appointed Jury for Danish National Selection. Vesti.az. 16 January 2012.
- Aysel Teymurzadeh Engaged to Musician. Ayna. 19 May 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.[dead link]
- Aysel Teymurzadeh to Marry Murad Adigozalov. Yeni Musavat. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Aysel Teymurzadeh Became Mother. ANS Press. 17 December 2012. Archived February 7, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Aysel Teymurzadeh to Become Mother Again. Vesti.az. 14 May 2014.
- APA. Aysel Teymourzadeh surprises her fans on eve of New Year Archived February 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Айсель Теймурзаде спела о Родине
|Awards and achievements|
Elnur & Samir
with Day After Day
|Azerbaijan in the Eurovision Song Contest
with Drip Drop