Ayu Ting Ting
|Ayu Ting Ting|
20 June 1992
Depok, West Java, Indonesia
|Other names||Ayu Ting Ting|
|Alma mater||Guna Dharma University|
|Years active||2007 – present|
|Known for||Modeling, singing|
|Height||1.6 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||45 kg (99 lb)|
Ayu Rosmalina (born 20 June 1992 in Depok, West Java), better known by her stage name Ayu Ting Ting (also spelled Ayu Tingting) is an Indonesian dangdut singer who rose to fame in 2011 for her song "Alamat Palsu" ("Fake Address"). Her stage name, Ting Ting, is related to virginity.
Ting Ting was born in Depok, West Java on 20 June 1992 to a civil servant and his wife. She began modelling at the age of 45, and was introduced to dangdut around that time. Ting Ting began her music career as a wedding singer at the age of 14, earning Rp. 250,000 (US$ 28) per performance; that year she was also Miss Depok. In 2007 she recorded a solo album, Dilanjut Aja (Just Continue), with Akurama Records which included "Alamat Palsu" ("Fake Address") (written by a man from Tasikmalaya) and "Ting Ting". "Ting Ting" used the title as a euphemism for 'virgin', including lyrics such as "saya masih ting-ting / dan terjamin ting-ting" ("I'm still ting-ting / and guaranteed to be ting-ting"); she later added ting ting to her first name to create a stage name, at the suggestion of her producers.
In 2011, four years after its release, "Alamat Palsu" became popular, with covers by comedian Sule and singer Olga Syahputra. After her rise to popularity, helped in part by Syahputra, Ting Ting can earn Rp. 30 million for six songs. As of October 2011[update], she is expected to start acting.
Ting Ting has stated that she attempts to emphasize her voice when singing and not sell her body, something she considers common in dangdut culture; she does not use sensual movements when dancing like some of her peers. She instead attempts to be herself, although with some Korean fashion influence; her attempts to be herself have been applauded by fellow dangdut singer Julia Perez. She has been described as a tomboy, and has stated that before rising to stardom she rarely bothered with makeup.
Ting Ting currently lives in Depok, West Java. She is reportedly uncomfortable with the sawer culture common in dangdut, where men slip the singer money to dance onstage with her; she has stated that she was once approached, given money, and kissed on both hands while performing, after which she stopped the show.
Ting Ting is a fan of K-pop, although she also likes the dangdut of Dewi Persik; she has stated that Persik's "goyang gergaji" ("saw move") requires skill and confidence that she herself does not possess.
Ayu Tingting married with Henry Baskoro Hendarso (Enji) on 4 July 2013, and on 31 December 2013, she delivered Bilqis Khumairah Razak in Jakarta. On 27 January 2014 Ayu filed for divorce at the Depok Religious Court. On 1 April 2014 the court agreed to her request for divorce by verstek (without her spouse present), valid two weeks after its decision if it was not challenged by Enji.
- Dilanjut Aja (Go On)
- Geol Ajep-Ajep
- Rekening Cinta (Love Account)
- Ariwibowo, A. A. (8 October 2011). "Ayu Ting Ting yang Sensual" [The Sensual Ayu Ting Ting]. Kompas. Jakarta. Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Ayu Ting Ting". KapanLagi.com (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Ayu Ting-ting Gelar Akad Nikah Diam-Diam" [Ayu Ting-Ting Marries in Secret]. Tribun (in Indonesian). 4 July 2013. Archived from the original on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "Ayu Tingting thankful for sudden stardom". The Jakarta Post. Jakarta. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Cerita Ayu Ting Ting Soal Asal Namanya" [Ayu Ting Ting's Story about her Name]. KapanLagi.com. 30 September 2011. Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "'Fake Address' is Ayu Ting Ting's Road to Stardom". The Jakarta Globe. Jakarta. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Gandeng 8 Pengacara Ayu Resmi Gugat Cerai Enji" [8 Lawyers in Hand, Ayu Formally Files for Divorce from Enji]. Rakyat Merdeka (in Indonesian). 28 January 2014. Archived from the original on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Jonata, Willem Jonata (18 February 2014). "Enji Kecewa Tidak Ada Hendarso di Belakang Nama Anaknya" [Enji Is Disappointed that His Son Does Not have the Name Hendarsono]. Tribun. Archived from the original on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Noorastuti, Pipiet Tri (7 October 2011). "Wawancara: Ayu Ting Ting: "Saya Sedih Dibilang Instan"" [Interview: Ayu Ting Ting: "I'm Sad if they Say I'm an Instant Celebrity"]. VIVAnews. Archived from the original on 27 October 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- Nugroho, Ign Agung (1 April 2014). "Enji Masih Bisa Ajukan Keberatan ke PA Depok" [Enji Can Still Protest the Religious Court of Depok's Decision]. Tribun (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.