|Full name||Ayub Timbe Masika|
|Date of birth||10 September 1992|
|Place of birth||Nairobi, Kenya|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Winger, striker|
|Lierse (on loan from Genk)|
|2014–16||→ Lierse (loan)||44||(10)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 March 2016.
Ayub Timbe Masika (Kenyan English: [ɑˈjub ˈtɪmbe mɑˈsiːkɑː] ( listen); born 10 September 1992 in Nairobi) is a Kenyan footballer who currently plays as a forward for Lierse in the Belgian Pro League and the Kenya national team.
He moved through several academies in Kenya, including that of Ligi Ndogo, before moving to the Anderlecht Academy from the JMJ Youth Academy in 2006 at the age of 13, where he stayed for two years before moving to the Beerschot AC (then Germinal Beerschot) academy in 2008.
In May 2010, Masika signed a 2-year deal with Genk from Germinal Beerschot. He played for the club's reserve team until he signed a new 4-year contract with the club in June 2011. He made his debut for the club when he came on in the 82nd minute for Nadson in a 1–1 draw against Zulte Waregem on 15 January 2012. He got his first assist for the club on his second appearance during their 5–0 win over Oud-Heverlee Leuven on 29 January 2012 when he delivered the ball to Christian Benteke for the fifth goal of the match. He scored his first goal for Genk in their 2–0 UEFA Europa League play-off round win against Swiss opponents FC Luzern, in the 88th minute, on 30 August 2012 at the Cristal Arena.
Loan to Lierse
On 1 September 2014, Masika was loaned Lierse from Genk for 2 seasons, with an option to buy at the end of the loan. He made his debut for the side in a 2–2 draw in the league against Anderlecht on 13 September, coming on in the 68th minute for Wanderson. He scored his first goal for the club on 24 September, opening the score in a 4–0 Belgian Cup win over Sint-Truiden.
Masika was meant play in a 2013 Africa Cup of Nations preliminary round match against Togo on 29 February 2012, but could not fly back to Kenya as he had club commitments with Genk that day. However, he made his international debut for Kenya against South Africa on 16 October 2012, coming on as a substitute for Thika United forward Francis Kahata in the 61st minute. Kenya lost the match 2–1.
Masika was called up to the Kenya national team once again for a friendly against Libya to be played on 6 February 2013, but refused to play, claiming that the Football Kenya Federation owed him money from his last appearance for the team against Tanzania. He made his return to the side on 18 May 2014, starting and playing the full 90 minutes in a 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualification match against Comoros. Masika scored his first goal for the national team 12 days later in the second leg, scoring a free kick to secure a 2–1 aggregate win for the Harambee Stars and a second round match-up against Lesotho.
|Lierse (loan)||Pro League||2014–15||16||1||1||1||–||17||2|
- Ayub Masika – Profile – Footballdatabase.eu.
- "Player: Ayub Timbe Masika | FoStats". www.fostats.com.
- Oguda, Zachary. "Kenyan International winger joins Belgium side".
- Ayub Masika – Profile – Soccerway.com.
- "Ayub Timbe lands four-year Pro deal with RC Genk". Futaa.com. 18 June 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Kenyan striker debuts as Belgian champs are held". Futaa.com. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Ayub Timbe debuts as Genk hold Zulte-Waregem". MichezoAfrika.com. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Timbe a massive winner with Genk". Futaa.com. 30 January 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Ayub Masika fires Genk into Europa group stage". MichezoAfrika.com. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "Ayub Masika naar Lierse". lierse.com. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Vincent Opiyo (14 September 2014). "Masika debuts for Lierse in four goal thriller". Futaa.com. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Mercy Njueh (25 September 2014). "Goal for Timbe as Lierse progress". Futaa.com. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Kimanzi names squad to take on Togo". SuperSport. 8 February 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Ayub Timbe not coming for Togo match". MichezoAfrika.com. 27 February 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Timbe debuts for Kenya". Futaa.com. 16 October 2012. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "Why Belgium-based midfielder Ayub Timbe snubbed Kenya friendly against Libya". Goal.com. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Timbe sparkles in debut start for Stars". Futaa.com. 18 May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Timbe: I knew I will score from THAT free-kick". Goal.com. 31 May 2014. Retrieved 12 June 2014.