This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Office building of Avanade in Seattle, formerly the Azaleos office
|Industry||Remote managed services|
|Phil Van Etten, CEO; Keith Mcall, founder; Roger Gerdes, founder; Patrick Naughton, engineering; Joseph Consolini, director; Ronald Woan, research|
Number of employees
|216 (September 2012)|
Azaleos Corporation was a Seattle-based American corporation. Founded in 2004 by Roger Gerdes and Keith McCall. Azaleos provided remote management for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Lync.
Azaleos was founded and incorporated as a Delaware corporation in May 2004 by Roger Gerdes and Keith McCall. The company's early funding was provided by Second Avenue Partners and Ignition Partners.
Services and technology
Azaleos provided remote managed services for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync.
As a national systems integrator (NSI), Azaleos was one of Microsoft's top 34 partners in the United States, a Microsoft Gold Partner in messaging, communications and portals & collaboration competencies, and a member of Microsoft's Exchange, SharePoint and Data Protection Manager Technology Adoption Programs.
Azaleos was US-based with network operations centers in Seattle, Washington and Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Azaleos ranked 28th on Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, 2011 ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and clean technology companies in North America.
- Azaleos' Services for Exchange Server received the eWEEK Excellence Award in the Collaboration Category.
- Azaleos Virtual Edition service garnered the Best of Tech-Ed IT Professional Award in the messaging category from Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Magazine.
On December 18, 2012, Avanade announced its acquisition of Azaleos. Approximately 200 Azaleos employees joined Avanade as part of the acquisition, most of them located in Seattle and Charlotte, North Carolina. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- "Business Wire".
- "Microsoft PinPoint".
- "Deloitte FAST 500 in North America" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-01-18.
- "Azaleos Wins Two Prestigious Industry Awards for Hybrid Managed Messaging Service". Reuters. 16 June 2008.
- "Avanade Completes Acquisition of Azaleos".[permanent dead link]