In 2003, foreign trade between Spain and Azerbaijan totaled $US 264.3 million during January-June 2003. $241.3 million was from the exportation from Azerbaijan to Spain of crude oil. $23 million worth of goods and services were imported from Spain. The Spanish company Repsoil is involved in oil exploration in Azerbaijan.
As of 2005, there were two pending bilateral agreements between Azerbaijan awaiting signature [needs update]: the Bilateral Agreement on the Promotion and Reciprocal Protection of Investments and the Convention on the Avoidance of Double Taxation. 
In 2006 Spanish diplomats met in Baku with representatives of the President's Office, Foreign Ministry, and meet opposition leaders. The delegation also met ambassadors of OSCE member states that are accredited in Baku.
- "Relaciones entre Azerbaiyán y España" (in Spanish). Spain. Archived from the original on 2009-12-23. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Embassy Row". Washington Times. 1997. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
President Heydar Aliyev of Azerbaijan arrives in ... The two leaders last met at the Madrid NATO summit.
- "Azeri-Spanish Business Seminar Held In Baku". Baku Today. 2003. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
Gumbat Guliyev, vice president of the National Confederation considers that foreign trade turnover between Spain and Azerbaijan totaled $264.3 million during January-June 2003, of which $241.3 million falls at exportation from Azerbaijan to Spain (mostly oil) and $23 million - importation from Spain.
- "The Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Spain" (in Azerbaijani). Azerbaijan. Archived from the original on 2009-12-23. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Institutional Framework in Azerbeijan: Institutional relations and major agreements
- "Delegation from Spain to chair OSCE next year to visit Baku". Today.az. May 25, 2006. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
Spanish delegation led by Ambassador Carlos Sanchez de Boad, head of Spain's permanent delegation to OSCE, will visit Baku on 31 May within the tour to the South Caucasus states.
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|