||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy|
|Motto||Leading Innovation and Responsible Citizenship|
ADA University (ADA) (Azerbaijani: ADA Universiteti) is a university established under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan in March 2006. When founded as the Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy the main objective was to train specialists for a diplomatic career in Azerbaijani foreign affairs, however its programs expanded and the name changed to ADA University. Its founding rector is Ambassador Hafiz Pashayev, who is a Deputy Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan and a former ambassador of Azerbaijan to the United States. Its present, dedicated campus opened in September 2012.
ADA is dedicated to preparing innovative global leaders and to promoting useful collaborative research on diplomacy, public and international affairs, business, humanities and sciences, information technologies and system engineering.
ADA's vision is based on four pillars:
- Global Leadership
- Innovative Learning
- Social Responsibility
- Thriving Location
Schools and programs
Since 2006, ADA has expanded the number of programs it offers and became a full-fledged university with four schools:
- School of Public and International Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies (BAIS)
- Bachelor of Public Affairs (BPA)
- Master of Arts in Diplomacy and International Affairs (MADIA)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- School of Business
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (BSE)
- School of Engineering and Information Technologies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences (BSCS)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCE)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Systems Engineering (BESE)
- School of Education
- Master of Arts in Educational Management (MAEM)
- English for Academic and Professional Purposes (EAPP)
The total capacity of the library will reach some 40 000 print books and more than 300 000 electronic books and famous periodicals — ADA Library became the most substantial foreign language collection in the region and serves as an essential partner in study, teaching, and research at the university.
ADA offers a limited number of full and partial fellowships to outstanding international students studying in its degree programs. For continuation of fellowship, fellows must be in good academic standing demonstrated by a minimum annual GPA level of 2.5.
Full ADA Fellowship covers tuition, books and accommodation. Fellowship recipients are expected to cover all other expenses, including student fees.
Students have part-time employment opportunities at ADA. These opportunities are announced internally based on departments needs and the available budget. Students are also eligible for a Research Assistantship. Successful candidates are expected to assist ADA faculty member with a research project.
ADA offers merit-based scholarships for students’ outstanding academic performance. To be eligible, students must accumulate GPA of 3.90 or higher. The scholarship is awarded on a semester basis to a limited number of students with the highest GPAs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ADA University.|
- ADA University's official website
- ADA Foundation official website
- ADA Bookstore official website
- Caspian Center for Energy and Environment
- "ADA Website: About us". Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy. Archived from the original on 17 September 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Vaisman, Daria (11 July 2009). "Azerbaijan creates diplomatic academy". New York Times. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Welcome Note by Rector of ADA University, Amb. Hafiz Pashayev, ADA University, accessed May 26, 2015.