Azerbaijan International Operating Company
Azerbaijan International Operating Company is a consortium formed to implement the terms of the “Agreement on the Joint Development and Production Sharing for the Azeri and Chirag Fields and the Deep Water Portion of the Gunashli Field in the Azerbaijan Sector of the Caspian Sea” signed among SOCAR and international companies.
The consortium was established in February 1995 after PSA was ratified by Parliament of Azerbaijan on December 2, 1994.AIOC initially consisted of 11 companies (BP, Amoco, Unocal, LUKoil, Statoil, Exxon, TPAO, Pennzoil, McDermott, Ramco, Delta Nimir) representing 6 countries (UK, USA, Russia, Norway, Turkey and Saudi Arabia). The biggest single shareholder is BP.
SOCAR and co-venturers (BP, Chevron, INPEX, Statoil, ExxonMobil, TP, ITOCHU and ONGC Videsh) signed amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Gunashli Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) on September 14, 2017 and extended the development of this field until 2050.
- BP (UK)
- Chevron (United States)
- Devon Energy (USA)
- Statoil (Norway)
- Türkiye Petrolleri Anonim Ortaklığı (TPAO; Turkey)
- Amerada Hess (USA)
- State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR; Azerbaijan)
- ExxonMobil (USA)
- Inpex (Japan)
- Itochu (Japan)
The AIOC made significant investment contributing to the construction of the South Caucasus Pipeline, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Pipeline, and are currently discussing construction of a Trans-Caspian Oil Pipeline between Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan. Extraction of oil from the Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli fields and natural gas from Shah Deniz has been possible through foreign direct investment in this consortium.
|TP||5.73%||ITOCHU||3.65%||ONGC Videsh Limited||2.31%|
- "Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Gunashli | Operations and projects | BP Caspian". bp.com. Archived from the original on 2017-10-31. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "AIOC Contract". www.azer.com. Archived from the original on 2017-10-31. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "The Azerbaijan government and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Gunashli PSA | Press releases | Media | BP". bp.com. Archived from the original on 2017-10-31. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- AIOC partners Archived August 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., BP corporate website
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Azerbaijan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|