Azerbaijan State Academic National Drama Theatre
|Azerbaijan State Academic Drama Theatre|
Azərbaycan Akademik Milli Dram Teatrı
History of the theatre
The theatre has its origins in national holidays and dances. Elements of theatricality were contained in many kinds of national creativity accompanying national festivities, traditional holidays and other occasions. On 10 March 1873, under the guidance of Hasan bey Zardabi and with the participation of students of the Real School of Baku, comedy "Vizier of Lankaran khanate" by M.F.Akhundov’s was staged. The professional Azerbaijani theatre was originated after this very performance. In 1919, separated troupes joined up and the theatre acquired the state recognition.
Then Azerbaijan Dramatic Theatre had different names in different years-"State Theatre", "United State Theatre", "Azerbaijani Turkic Drama Theatre" and others. Through 1923-1933, the theatre was named after Dadash Bunyatzade, but in 1933-1991, it was named afterMeshadi Azizbekov. In 1991, the theatre was renamed to the "Azerbaijan State Academic Drama Theatre".
During the Soviet period the theatre was awarded many awards of the USSR for successful activity. Such actors as Huseyn Arablinski, Mukhtar Dadashev, Jahangir Zeynalov, Mirzaagha Aliyev, Sidgi Ruhulla, Alasgar Alakbarov, Adil Isgenderov, Barat Shekinskaya, Leyla Badirbeyli and other famous actors played at the theater during its activity period. Plays to works of Jafar Jabbarli, Mirza Fatali Akhundov, Ali bey Huseynzade, Najaf bey Vazirov, Huseyn Javid, Sabit Rahman, Nariman Narimanov, Ilyas Efediyev, also to works of other world classics such as Shakespeare, Schiller, Molière, Dumas, Hugo, Balzac, Pushkin, Lermontov, Tolstoy, Gogol were staged in the theatre.
The troup of the theatre was repeatedly in tours-in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kazan, Tbilisi, Tashkent, Ashgabat, Turkey, Germany and Cyprus. Some performances were awarded state grants of the USSR and Azerbaijan.
•Telman Adigozalov and others
•Jafar Namig Kamal
•Parviz Bagirov and others
- "azdrama". azdrama.az. Archived from the original on 2 October 2011.
- "The establishment and development of Azerbaijani theater". Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan. 1 June 2011.
- "Театральная Энциклопедия".
- "Playbill of Azerbaijan State Academic National Drama Theater for June". APA. 1 June 2011. Archived from the original on 23 August 2011.
- "Гастроли Азербайджанского государственного академического национального драматического театра". Министерство Культуры. 2008-04-17.
- "Azerbaijan State Academic National Drama Theatre expands international relations". Today.az. 14 February 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Azerbaijan State Academic Drama Theatre.|
- Official website (in Azerbaijani)
|This European theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Azerbaijan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|