Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
|Available in||North Azerbaijani|
The Azerbaijani Wikipedia (North Azerbaijani: Azərbaycanca Vikipediya, South Azerbaijani: تورکجه ویکیپدیا) is a Wikipedia in Azerbaijani language (the editing interface and the main page have been temporarily accessible via South Azerbaijani subtitles), launched in January 2002. As of 30 November 2010 it had 42,518 articles (size 4, including 20 featured articles) and 14,523 uploaded files in its content, as well as 23,766 registered users (including seven administrators and two bureaucrats). The editorial process is being supported by forty bots.
Within the first two years of its creation the Azerbaijani Wikipedia reached 3,000 articles. As of November 2010 the local list of requested articles contains ten entries (seven biographical, two scientific and one unspecified). Pending November 2010 translation requests comprise three English and three Turkish entries.
The categorization is maintained through nine topic categories: culture, geography, history, life, mathematics, nature, science, society and technology. Hidden categories embrace 111 entries. The backlog category contains 14 subcategories.
There are also fourteen portals about architecture, biology, chemistry, history, Islam, geography, literature, medicine, philosophy, Azerbaijani cinema, Azerbaijani military, as well as country-specific ones about Georgia, Turkey and Azerbaijan itself.
Azerbaijani Wikipedia is constantly increasing its number of articles, but at some point in 2015 this number somewhat decreased returning to values smaller than 100,000.
The article timeline
- 2 June 2002 – Creation of first section in Azerbaijani Wikipedia.
- 9 March 2007 – 5 000 articles.
- 22 July 2007 – 10 000 articles.
- 29 July 2011 – 75 000 articles (5 819 of them on Arabic alphabet). 75 000th article صفیخانلو (on Arabic alphabet) was written by user E THP.
- 17 September 2012 – 90 000 articles.
- 25 March 2014 – 100 000 articles.
The first meetup was held in Baku on 6 December 2009. The event was organized in order to establish relations of friendship and familiarity between Wikipedians and a number of other issues – including technical problems and prospects for future development.
In order to solve the problems, an emergency meeting was organized on 23 October 2010 in Baku. About 9 users participated in it.
- "Ana Səhifə". 2 June 2002. Retrieved 31 July 2019 – via Wikipedia.
- "Statistika" (in Azerbaijani). Vikipediya. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- "Wikipedia – İndi də Azərbaycanca" (in Azerbaijani). Code.az. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- В Баку выпустили книгу «Википедия. Виртуальная энциклопедия» (in Russian). Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Wikimedia News/2007". meta.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Wikimedia News/2012". meta.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Azərbaycan dilli Vikipediyada məqalə sayı 100 mini ötdü". www.azadinform.az (in Azerbaijani). Retrieved 10 August 2014.
|Azerbaijani edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
|South Azerbaijani edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|