From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Jahangir Mammadov, Head Business Development Department.
Anar Sultanov, Managing Director
|Services||Credit card processing|
|Parent||International Bank of Azerbaijan|
- AzeriCard offers customers what is known as a “mobile wallet." Customers can use their smartphone to pull out cash from ATMs without using an actual bank card during the transaction. The technology is named “Way4 Cash By Code."
- AzeriCard worked with technology company OpenWay to produce the mobile wallet service.
- By 2011, 15 banks in Azerbaijan were using mobile banking technology provided by AzeriCard.
- Over 1,500 ATMs and over 30,000 point-of-sale terminals use AzeriCard’s network.
- More than thirty banks internationally use AzeriCard.
At the beginning of 2012, there were four other companies in addition to AzeriCard that were providing bank card processing: MilliKart, TexKart, RoyalCard and KapitalBank.
First bank card
- In 1997 AzeriCard was credited with creating the very first bank card in the country of Azerbaijan; the card was issued by the International Bank of Azerbaijan.
- According to the company, AzeriCard’s systems service over 2 million bank cards.
- AzeriCard’s systems work with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Diners Club.
- AzeriCard is one of several subsidiaries of the International Bank of Azerbaijan. Other subsidiaries are:.
- In addition to the International Bank of Azerbaijan, AzeriCard works directly with IBA-Moscow and International Bank of Azerbaijan-Georgia.
Banks that use AzeriCards’ services are:
- ATA Bank
- Bank Respublika
- International Bank of Azerbaijan
- Bank Technique
- Silk Way Bank
- Xalq Bank
- H. Valiyev, “BRIEF: Azericard introduces cash transfer service to cards using ATMs," Trend News Agency, December 10, 2012 (Retrieved via Nexis on August 20, 2013)
- “AzeriCard and OpenWay bring cardless ATM withdrawals to Azerbaijan", Finextra Research website, Printed August 9, 2013 (Retrieved August 20, 2013)
- J. Nasibova, “Level of non-cash payments use increases in Azerbaijan", Trend News Agency, November 20, 2012 (Retrieved via Nexis on August 20, 2013)
- Elliott Holley, “Azerbaijan mobile wallet makes debut", Banking Technology, August 8, 2013 (Retrieved August 20, 2013)
- N. Ismayilova, “Azerbaijani processing centre to introduce new version of mobile banking", Trend Daily Economic News, November 20, 2012 (Retrieved via Nexis on August 20, 2013)
- “About Us", AzeriCard website (Retrieved August 20, 2013)
- A. Hasanov, “Non-cash payments in Azerbaijan to create a breakthrough in card market", Trend Daily Economic News, February 29, 2012 (Retrieved via Nexis on August 20, 2013)
- "First Bank Card in Azerbaijan Marks 15 Years from Date of Issue", Economic News (Information Agency Oreanda), November 14, 2012 (Retrieved via Nexis on August 20, 2013)
- “Audit of MBA trusted to Deloitte & Touche", Turan Information Agency, August 14, 2013 (Retrieved via Nexis on August 20, 2013)