|Residence||Islamabad, ICT, Pakistan|
|Occupation||Film director, Visual effects specialist, Screenwriter, Actor|
Azfar Jafri (Urdu: اظفر جعفری) is a Pakistani film director, screenwriter, actor and VFX artist. He is best known for his Independent film Siyaah which earned him a critical recognition and accolades including a nomination of ARY Film Award for Best Director at 1st ARY Film Awards.
Azfar started his career as a 3D Character Animator and eventually became a vfx lead at Trango, where he worked on several television commercials for both local and international clients, including Lexus, Scion, Nike, UPS & Mobilink-BlackBerry.
Another 2019 release will be Heer Maan Ja, a Punjab-centered romantic flick with action, drama and comedy which will reunite the team which produced his previous hits : producer Imran Raza Kazmi, actors Ali Rehman Khan and Hareem Farooq as well as Osman Khalid Butt as choreographer.
|2005||Isthmus Road||No||Yes||Yes||Sameer||Debut ; short film|
|2009||Charkhi||Yes||Yes||No||Directorial Debut ; Short film|
|2011||Aik Khat Tumharay Naam||Yes||No||No||Short film|
|2013||Siyaah||Yes||No||No||Feature film debut|
|Allahyar and the Legend of Markhor||No||No||Yes||Hero (voice)||Head of Animation|
|Heer Maan Ja||Yes||No||No|
- "Siyaah: Far from perfect but a win for Pakistani cinema". Rafay Mehmood. Tribune Pakistan. March 16, 2013. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- "Movie review". Mohammad Kamran Jawaid. Dawn News. March 21, 2013. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- Director's profile on SCO Film Festival
- "Azfar Jafri's "Siyaah"". Nida Zaidi. Review it!. February 2, 2013. Retrieved August 8, 2014.
- Omair Alavi (27 January 2018), "Preview: Allahyar And The Legend Of Markhor to set the bar high", DAWN News. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Usman Ghafoor (21 January 2019), "What’s Hareem Farooq’s ‘Heer Man Ja’ all about?", Gulf News. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- Other links