|• Total||9.77 km2 (3.77 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,900/km2 (7,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Azhiyur is part of Greater Mahé Region. Mahé Railway Station is located in Azhiyur.
AZhiyur village connects to other parts of India through Vatakara city on the west and Kuttiady town on the east. National highway No.66 passes through Vatakara and the northern stretch connects to Goa and Mumbai. The soutehrn stretch connects to Cochin and Trivandrum. The eastern Highway going through Kuttiady connects to Mananthavady, Mysore and Bangalore. The nearest airports are at Kannur and Kozhikode. The nearest railway station is at Vatakara.
Proposed New Mahe Municipality
The proposed New Mahe Municipality comprises:
- Azhiyur panchayat, Vadakara taluk, Kozhikode district, Kerala
- New Mahe panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Chokli panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Panniyannur panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-10.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
|This article related to a location in Kozhikode district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|