|Yang Berhormat Datuk
Ab Aziz Kaprawi
16 May 2013
|Prime Minister||Najib Razak|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Sri Gading, Johor
5 May 2013
|Preceded by||Mohamad Aziz (UMNO – BN)|
|Born||Ab Aziz bin Kaprawi
24 July 1959
Batu Pahat, Johor, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
Datuk Ab Aziz bin Kaprawi (born 24 July 1959) is a Malaysian politician and Member of Parliament of Sri Gading. He is recently appointed as a Deputy Minister in the Transport Ministry in the new Malaysian cabinet. He is recently being elected as Member of UMNO Supreme Council and Sri Gading Division UMNO Chief
Agricultural Project for Johor
During his tenure as an Exco in the Johor state executive council he made many positive changes in the industry. Datuk Ab Aziz Kaprawi is also one of the panel for the joint venture project for the 3,642.17ha land agriculture project with JCorp a state owned corporate institution. also the state legislative assembly member for the constituency of Parit Raja. He is also the chairman of the Johor executive council of agriculture and industry
Appointed as the Deputy Minister of Transportation
Datuk Ab Aziz Kaprawi said that his appointment as the Deputy Transportation Minister was a pleasant surprise as he did not expect to be appointed in any Federal position. However, he did vow to give his best to the people of Malaysia. He is one of the new faces that Prime Minister Najib Razak had personally selected to be in his cabinet. He also said that one of his most challenging task is to address the AES issue and public transportation
In August 2015, Aziz Kaprawi asserted that the 2.6 billion ringgit donation from anonymous sources to Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak's personal accounts between March 2013 and February 2015 were part of an effort to fight a global Jewish conspiracy against Malaysia, accusing the leading opposition party Democratic Action Party of being 'based on and funded by the Jews'.
Aziz Kaprawi made an announcement as early in 4 Apr 2015 that VEP (Vehicle entry permit) for vehicle entrying to Malaysia from Singapore to start on 1 Aug, itself already delay from June, delay to 1 Sep, and then to 1 Oct.
- Zazali Musa."Johor okays 3,642.17ha for farming project", The Star, 30 Januari 2013. 20 May 2013.
- News."Deputy ministers vow to give their best in new roles"[permanent dead link], The Star, 16 May 2013. Retrieved on 20 May 2013.
- Shukry, Anisah (22 August 2015). "RM2.6 billion for Najib to fight ‘DAP-Jewish’ threat, says Umno leader". The Malaysian Insider. Archived from the original on 23 August 2015. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "RM20 VEP charge to start in August, says deputy minister". Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- "RM20 VEP for Singapore cars - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2015-09-02.
- "VEP fee to be imposed on Singapore vehicles from Oct 1 - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2015-09-02.