Azle Independent School District
|Azle Independent School District|
|300 Roe St.
ESC Region 11
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||368.08 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||15.87 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 5A Football & Basketball|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Azle Independent School District is a public school district based in Azle, Texas (USA). The district covers northwestern Tarrant County, northeastern Parker County, and a small portion of southern Wise County. In addition to Azle, the district serves the communities of Lakeside, Pelican Bay, Sanctuary, and portions of Reno and Briar.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $2,351,893,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.015 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
As of the 2011-2012 school year, there were eleven schools in Azle ISD.
- Grades 9-12
- Azle High School
Junior High Schools
- Grades 7-8
- Azle Junior High School
- Santo J. Forte Junior High School
- Grades 5-6
- Azle Elementary School
- W.E. Hoover Elementary School
- Grades PK-4
- Cross Timbers Elementary School
- Eagle Heights Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary School
- Silver Creek Elementary School
- Walnut Creek Elementary School
- Tarrant County JJAEP
Azle High School has an exemplary band program, with the Marching Green Pride ranking 13th in the state of Texas in the 2013-2014 State Marching Band Competition in San Antonio.
Azle High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, soccer, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball.
The Azle High School Cheer team became the first CoEd team to win the UIL State Cheerleading Championship in early 2016.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Azle ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments" (PDF). University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Azle High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 August 2012.