عزمن بن اسماعيل
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Kuala Kedah, Kedah
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Ahmad Kassim (PKR-PR)|
|Majority||13,481 (2018), 4,947 (2013)|
Azman bin Ismail
1961 (age 57–58)
|Political party||People's Justice Party (PKR)|
|Occupation||Medical doctor; Politician|
|Azman Ismail on Parliament of Malaysia|
Dr. Azman bin Ismail (Jawi: عزمن بن اسماعيل) is a Malaysian politician. He is the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the seat of Kuala Kedah in the state of Kedah, and sits in Parliament as a member of the People's Justice Party (PKR), a component party in the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition.
Before entering politics, Dr. Azman was a medical doctor. He entered Parliament after winning the Kuala Kedah parliamentary seat in the 2013 general election, replacing the incumbent PKR MP Ahmad Kassim as the party's candidate. At the election, Azman defeated the Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate and fellow physician Zaki Zamani Abd Rashid by 4,947 votes. In the 2018 general election, he won again to retain the Kuala Kedah seat.
|2013||Azman Ismail (PKR)||42,870||53.06%||Zaki Zamani Abd Rashid (UMNO)||37,923||46.94%||82,253||4,947||86.28%|
|2018||Azman Ismail (PKR)||36,624||46.29%||Abdullah Hasnan Kamaruddin (UMNO)||19,400||24.52%||80,555||13,481||82.40%|
|Muhamad Riduan Mohd Othman (PAS)||23,143||29.25 %|
- Rahimah Abdullah (27 April 2013). "BN Doctor vs PKR Doctor, who will win?". Astro Awani. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "PKR unveils candidates for Alor Star, Kuala Kedah seats". New Straits Times. 31 March 2013. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Maklumat Terperinci Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Archived from the original on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|