Obaidullah Khan Azmi
|Maulana Obaidullah Khan Azmi|
|Member of Rajya Sabha|
11 March 1949 |
Village: Khalispur, District: Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh
|Political party||Janata Dal
Indian National Congress
Nationalist Congress Party
|Spouse(s)||Syeda Razia Obaid|
|Children||Three sons and five daughters|
|Residence||Village: Khalispur, District: Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh|
MA (Al Jamiatul Ashrafia), Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh
Maulana Obaidullah Khan Azmi is an Indian Sunni Islamic politician from Indian National Congress. He was a member of Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament from 1990 to 2008. He represent Uttar Pradesh during 1990-96 and from Jharkhand during 1996–2002 from Janata Dal party. During 1992–96 he was General Secretary of Janata Dal and later became its Senior Vice-President. From 2002 to 2008 he represented Madhya Pradesh from Indian National Congress party
Shah Bano case protest
Maulana Obaidullah Khan Azmi became popular by his public speeches against Supreme Court Judgment in Shah Bano case. The audio cassettes of his speech were widely circulated and sold. He, at the time, had become a most sought after speaker for anti-Shah Bano case meetings in Mumbai. Mumbai police filed case against the Maulana and expelled him from Mumbai declaring his speeches inflammatory.
- WebPage of Maulana Obaidullah Khan Azmi Former Member Of Parliament (RAJYA SABHA) Azmi Maulana Obaidullah Khan
- One more SP leader quits thehindu.com
- Obaidullah Khan Azmi joins NCP www.thefirstmail.in
- "The First Mail | Azmi Maulana Obaidullah Khan Joins NCP". thefirstmail.in. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- Brief Bio-Data 1952-2003 http://rajyasabha.nic.in
- List of Former Members of Rajya Sabha (Term Wise) rajyasabha.nic.in
- "Madhya pradesh(Rajya Sabha) - Statement as on 23/07/2015 | DETAILS OF FUNDS RELEASED UNDER MPLADS". mplads.nic.in. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- General information relating to Parliamentary and other matters parliamentofindia.nic.in | Monday, January 1, 2001
- Gaur, Mahendra (2005). Indian Affairs Annual. p. 53. ISBN 9788178354347.
- "NOV.20, 1985: HUGE MUSLIM PROTEST & BANDH IN MUMBAI | Bhindi Bazar". bhindibazaar.asia. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- Akhbar e alam, Urdu weekly