|Beauty pageant titleholder|
8 December 1981
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title(s)||Miss Turkey 2002
Miss World 2002
Miss World Europe 2002
Azra was born in Almelo, Netherlands, to Turkish parents. Her father (Nazım) and mother (Ayda) emigrated from Turkey to the Netherlands in 1971. Azra Akın has one younger sister called Doruk. In 1998, at the age of 17, Akın was selected Elite Model of Turkey; she then participated in the Europe Elite Model competition in Nice, France, where she reached the final 15. She continued modelling in Germany for the German catalogue Otto.
In 2002, Azra won Star TV's Miss Turkey. Thus, she represented Turkey in the Miss World beauty pageant which was held on December 7, 2002 at Alexandra Palace, London, which she also won. Akin accepted the tiara and $156,000 prize from the previous year's winner Agbani Darego. During her reign, Akın travelled to the United Kingdom, Turkey, the United States, New Zealand, Ireland, Jamaica, Australia, China and many more countries.
In 2002, three of the "Big Four" international pageant winners came from predominantly Muslim countries: Džejla Glavović of Bosnia and Herzegovina, who won the Miss Earth title, Christina Sawaya of Lebanon who won Miss International 2002, and Azra Akın of Turkey, who won Miss World 2002.
In 2004, Akın modelled for the postcards of the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 which were shown before each song. In 2010, she won on the TV dance show Yok Boyle Dans, the Turkish version of Dancing With the Stars.
She is one of the most desired women of Turkey.
|2004||Anlat İstanbul||Pamuk Prenses|
|2009||Ayrılık||Firengiz Babayev||TV series|
|2009||Ah Kalbim||Herself||TV series|
|2005||Barend en Van Dorp||Herself||TV series|
|2004||Nationaal songfestival||Herself||TV series|
|2004||Yağmur Zamanı||Eylül||TV series|
|2003||The Games||Herself||TV series|
|2003||Mr. World 2003||Herself||TV series|
- Sabah News. "Birinci olmak beni değiştirmedi". Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- Star Gazete. "Star‘la star oldular". Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- Hello Magazine. "Turkey's Azra Akin wins Miss World". Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- The Turkish Times. "Miss Turkey Wins Miss World Competition". Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- BBC (2002-12-07). "Miss Turkey Wins Miss World". BBC News. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- The Guardian (2003-08-01). "Channel 4 lets The Games begin". London. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- UK Game Shows. "The Games". Archived from the original on 30 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Azra Akin.|
- Azra Akın at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Website (suspended site)
- Azra Akın Pictures at TurkishStarsDaily.com
|Awards and achievements|
|This biography article about a European contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Turkish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|