1 January 1977
|Died||2 October 2017 (aged 40)|
Bihać, Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Cause of death||Uterine cancer|
|Spouse(s)||Džavid Ljubovci (2011–2017); her death|
|Associated acts||Halid Bešlić, Šerif Konjević, Kemal Malovčić|
Azra Kolaković (1 January 1977 – 2 October 2017), known by her stage name Donna Ares, was a Bosnian pop singer. Her final studio album Povratka nema was released in 2011. She died at age 40 following a three-year long battle with uterine cancer.
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Azra Kolaković was born in the western Bosnian city of Bihać to Bosniak parents Mehmed and Ajka. She attended local music schools and graduated in 1995, during the Bosnian War. She started attending a music academy, but stopped due to the ongoing war in the country.
Kolaković had been fatigued and losing weight for months before being hospitalized in early October 2014. She was diagnosed with uterine cancer and received chemotherapy at a hospital in her hometown Bihać before being moved to Sarajevo for further treatment on 21 October 2014.
She died at age 40 of the illness in her hometown on 2 October 2017, while in a coma. She was buried two days later next to her father.
- Ti me više ne voliš (1998)
- Sviraj nešto narodno (2001)
- Čuvaj se, dušo (2002)
- Jackpot (2004)
- Nemam razloga za strah (2006)
- Fantastična (2009)
- Povratka nema (2011)
Remix and live albums
- Donna 2000 (2000)
- MIX III (2003)
- The Best Of (2003)
- Best Of Donna Ares (2006)
- Deset godina sa vama (2007)
- The Best Of Donna Ares / Želim da te gledam (2010)
- "Na rak gledam kao na stanje koje mora da prođe". Story. 14 December 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-12-21. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Donna Ares teško bolesna, pevačica saznala da ima rak!". Svet Plus. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Pevačica se bori sa rakom: Stiže podrška kolega!". Puls. 14 October 2014. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Dona Ares obolela od raka!". Story. 14 October 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-10-15. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Dona Ares saznala da ima rak: Ja nisam ona što pada na kolena, boriću se kao zmaj!". Press. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Donna Ares obolela od raka: Boriću se kao zmaj!". Novosti. 14 October 2014. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
|This article on a Bosnia and Herzegovina singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|