(Redirected from Bölükbaşı)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Boluk-bashi (Turkish: bölükbaşı) was an Ottoman officer rank equivalent to captain (see Military of the Ottoman Empire). The holder was in command of a bölük, a sub-division of a regiment. It was higher than oda-bashi (lieutenant).
- Rıza Tevfik Bölükbaşı, Turkish philosopher
- Zerrin Bölükbaşı, Turkish sculptor
- Iliaș Colceag (fl. 1710–1743), Moldavian
- Abdul Bölükbaşı (fl. 1821), Tripolitsa
- Yahya bey Dukagjini (1498–1582), Albanian
- Charles L. Wilkins (2010). Forging Urban Solidarities: Ottoman Aleppo 1640-1700. BRILL. p. 293. ISBN 90-04-16907-5.