Bölkow Bo 207
|Role||Civil utility aircraft|
|First flight||10 December 1960|
$13,700 in 1962 
Design and development
The Bo 207 is a wood construction, single-engined, cantilever low-wing cabin monoplane with a conventional landing gear with a tail wheel. The aircraft is powered by a Lycoming O-360 four-cylinder, direct-drive, horizontally opposed, air-cooled, piston engine.
Bölkow had built the two and three-seat Kl 107 and developed a four-seat variant, at first designated the Kl 107D. The low-wing cabin monoplane had a re-designed cockpit and canopy and a larger tail. The two prototype Kl 107Ds were built at Nabern and the first flew on 10 October 1960. With the change of name of the company to Bolkow and the move to new factory at Laupheim production of the new variant was started at the new factory. In May 1961 the design was re-designated the Bolkow F.207 but by July 1961 it was re-designated again as the Bolkow BO 207.
The first of 90 production aircraft built at Lauphein was flown on 24 May 1961 and production continued until 1963. A number of aircraft remained unsold and the last aircraft although built in 1963 did not fly until 1 April 1966. One aircraft was built with tricycle landing gear, and designated BO 217B or sometimes known as the BO 214 but it was fitted with a conventional landing gear before it was sold.
- Kl 107D
- Two prototypes later re-designated F.207 and then BO 207. V-1 prototype modified as the BO 207T.
- BO 207
- Production aircraft, 90 built.
- BO 207B
- One 207 temporary modified with a tricycle landing gear, also known as the BO 214.
- BO 207T
- Prototype V-1 modified as a trainer with reduced weight.
Specifications (Bo 207)
Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1965-66.
- Crew: One pilot
- Capacity: 3 passengers
- Length: 8.30 m (27 ft 2¾ in)
- Wingspan: 10.81 m (35 ft 5½ in)
- Height: 2.25 m (7 ft 4½ in)
- Wing area: 15.40 m2 (166 ft2)
- Aspect ratio: 7.6:1
- Empty weight: 715 kg (1,575 lb)
- Gross weight: 1,200 kg (2,645 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming O-360 four-cylinder piston engine, 135 kW (180 hp)
- Maximum speed: 255 km/h (159 mph)
- Cruising speed: 200 km/h (124 mph)
- Range: 1,250 km (775 miles)
- Service ceiling: 4,300 m (14,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 3.6 m/s (700 ft/min)
- Related development
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bölkow Bo 207.|
- Taylor, John W. R. (1965). Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1965-66. London: Samson Low, Marston.
- Taylor, Michael J. H. (1989). Jane's Encyclopedia of Aviation. London: Studio Editions. p. 192.
- Simpson, R. W. (1995). Airlife's General Aviation. Shrewsbury: Airlife Publishing. p. 85.