|Year first lit||1913|
|Tower height||21.4 metres (70 ft)|
|Focal height||22 metres (72 ft)|
|Range||19 nautical miles (35 km; 22 mi)|
|Characteristic||Iso WR 6s|
|ARLHS number||FED 271|
Büsum Lighthouse (German: Leuchtturm Büsum) is an active 20th century lighthouse located in Büsum a fishing and tourist town, which lies on North Sea coast of Schleswig-Holstein, in Germany. The current lighthouse is the second to be built in the town, two other separate breakwater lights mark the entrance of the small harbour from the North Sea.
The first lighthouse built in 1878 was simply a lantern mounted on a wooden post, which was fuelled by kerosene. A replica of this early aid to navigation, exists next to the local museum.
The current lighthouse was constructed in 1912 and 1913, and is made up of prefabricated cast iron sections, and is similar in design, although not as tall, as the lighthouses at Westerheversand, Hörnum and Pellworm. Originally painted black, it did not receive its current red and white daymark colour scheme until 1952. The lantern has twin galleries with a roof of sheet copper. The lighthouse at 21.4 metres, is higher than most buildings in the town, and stands 22 metres above mean high tide. It has a nominal range of 19 nautical miles and a light characteristic showing a white, red or green sector, isophase light of three seconds on, then three seconds off.
Located on the harbour breakwaters of Büsum are two other lights. On the west mole is a 9-metre high red tower which displays an occulting red light. The east mole has a similar tower, painted green that displays an occulting green light.
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Germany: North Frisia". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- Schleswig-Holsteinisches Jahrbuch (in German). 1923. p. 1. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Büsum Light". Lighthouse Explorer. Lighthouse Digest. Archived from the original on 13 August 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Büsum". Maritime Signals (in German). WSV. Archived from the original on 18 May 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Lighthouse stamp society". Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- List of Lights, Pub. 114: British Isles, English Channel and North Sea (PDF). List of Lights. United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. 2015. p. 154.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Büsum Lighthouse.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Büsum breakwater lights.|