From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Municipal assoc.||Bützow Land|
|• Mayor||Christian Grüschow (Ind.)|
|• Total||39.70 km2 (15.33 sq mi)|
|Elevation||2 m (7 ft)|
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||LRO, BÜZ, DBR, GÜ, ROS, TET|
The town was first mentioned in 1171. From 1815 to 1918 Bützow was part of the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Dietrich Ludwig Gustav Karsten (1768-1810), mineralogist
- Else Hirsch (1889-1943), Jewish teacher
- Eckhard Martens (born 1951), rower
- Torsten Fröhling (born 1966), soccer player and football coach
- Andrea Philipp (born 1971), athlete and Olympian
People who have worked in Bützow
- Sophie Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel (1678-1749), Duchess of Mecklenburg, lived in Bützow and founded here the German Reformed community
- Wenceslaus Johann Gustav Karsten (1732-1787), mathematician, twice rector of the University of Bützow
- "Bevölkerungsstand der Kreise, Ämter und Gemeinden in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 31.12.2015". Statistisches Amt Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (in German). July 2016.
- "Tornado as violent storms batter northern Germany". BBC News Online. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
|This Rostock district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|