From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Băseşti)
- For the commune in Teleorman County, see Călmățuiu de Sus; for the commune in Vaslui County, see Viișoara, Vaslui.
Wooden Church in Sălişte
Băsești Commune in Maramureș County
|• Mayor||Ioan Călăuz (since 2008) (Independent)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Băsești (Hungarian: Szilágyillésfalva) is a commune in Maramureș County, northern Romania. It is composed of four villages: Băsești, Odești (Vadafalva), Săliște (Kecskésfalva) and Stremț (Bükktótfalu).
- Wooden Church in Odești, built in the 19th century (1832)
- Wooden Church in Săliște, built in the 20th century (1902)
- Gheorghe Pop de Băsești Memorial House
- Gheorghe Pop de Băsești (1835-1919), Austro-Hungarian and Romanian politician
- Decebal Traian Remeș (1949-), Romanian politician
|This Maramureș County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|