||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
B.C. Camplight is the moniker of songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Christinzio based in Manchester, UK. His 2005 album Hide, Run Away was released by One Little Indian and featured Cynthia G. Mason on vocals. Camplight's follow up, Blink of a Nihilist, was released in 2007. Both records were critical successes and both were London Sunday Times albums of the week.
Originally from New Jersey, Christinzio relocated to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA in 2003, and soon signed a record deal with One Little Indian and established himself on the city's live music scene. He played live with members of The War on Drugs (band) and played on Sharon Van Etten's 2011 album "Epic". He relocated to Manchester, UK in 2011.
BC Camplight no longer uses the full stops in the moniker.
The BC Camplight live band consists of Brian Christinzio (Piano/vocals) and Mancunians Hattie Coombe (vocals), Stephen Mutch (bass), Jonno "Espranto" Prestbury (Guitar), Adam Dawson (drums), and Robbie Rush (keys/guitar)
- 2005 - Hide, Run Away (One Little Indian)
- Couldn't You Tell 3:24
- Blood and Peanut Butter 3:54
- Emily's Dead to Me 1:57
- Hide Runaway 5:19
- Wouldn't Mind The Sunshine 4:28
- Parapaleejo 3:17
- Oranges In Winter 4:36
- If You Think I Don't Mean It 2:01
- La La La 4:38
- Richard Dawson 3:26
- Sleep With Your Lights On 4:23
- 2007 - Blink of a Nihilist (One Little Indian)
- Suffer For Two 2:57
- Lord, I've Been On Fire 3:45
- Werewolf Waltz 1:22
- Forget About Your Bones 2:57
- Say Tonto! 4:06
- The Hip And The Homeless 3:45
- The 22 Skidoo 3:34
- Officer Down 3:44
- Grey Young Amelia 5:20
- I've Got A Bad Cold 2:04
- Scare Me Sweetly 4:46
- Berick, Michael. "Review: Hide, Run Away". Allmusic. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- DeLuca, Dan. "Philadelphia's BC Camplight makes it in Manchester, new album 'How To Die In The North' on the way". www.philly.com. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Christinzio, Brian. "BC Camplight Verified Facebook Page". www.facebook.com. Brian Christinzio. Retrieved 26 October 2014.