B.N.M. Institute of Technology
B.N.M. Institute of Technology (also Bhageerathi Bai Narayana Rao Maanay Institute of Technology) is a private technical co-educational school located in Banshankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It was established in 2001 and is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. It is a part of BNMEI (BNM Educational Institutions) established by the Trust M/s. Bhageerathi Bai Narayana Maanay Charities, started in 1972. BNMIT is an approved ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institute (TUVRheinland).
BNMEI – B.N.M Educational Institutions was established by the trust Bhageerathi Bai Narayana Rao Maanay Charities in the year 1972. The Managing Trustee Shri. N. Raghunath Rao Maanay along with Prof. Sunanda P Jadhav the founder Secretary and Principal founded the institution with a focused vision to impart value based quality education irrespective of social, financial or religious status. Prof. Sunanda P. Jadhav strived to provide education at affordable cost especially to the girl child and her unstinted efforts yielded highly commendable results.From a humble beginning the BNM group of Educational Institutions is now a leader in the field of education, providing the most modern education while maintaining the rich cultural heritage of the great India.
Education starts at BNM offering Montessori system to Tiny Tots at the age of two and half years in the BNM Montessori House.BNM is an amalgam of Educational Institutions consisting of BNM Montessori House, BNM Primary School (State Syllabus), BNM High School (State Syllabus), BNM Public School (Central Syllabus), BNM PU College, BNM Degree College and BNM Institute of Technology.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies (MBA)
- M. Tech. (Computer Applications in Industrial Drives)
- M. Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M. Tech. (VLSI and Embedded Systems)
- M. Tech. (Computer Network Engineering)
- M. Tech. (Software Engineering)
- Engineering – 480 (CS – 140, EC – 120, IS – 60, EE – 60, TC – 60, Mech -60)
- MBA – 120
- M. Tech. (CSE) – 18
- M. Tech. (VLSI & Embedded Systems) – 18
- M. Tech.(Computer Applications in Industrial Drives) – 18
- M.Tech.(Computer Network and Engineering) – 24
- M. Tech. (Software Engineering) - 18
- ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) student chapter
- ACSIS (Association of Computer Science and Information Science)
- BETA (BNMIT Electronics and Telecommunication Association)
- AEEE (Association of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- CSI BNMIT Student Branch
- Scholarships: All students with CET rank in the range 1-1000 are awarded Rs. 25,000 scholarship
- Academic result:
- Ranks in recent VTU exams : In 2010 VTU Examinations: 8th Rank in ECE, 8th Rank in MBA, 9th Rank in TCE
- Placement: Campus Recruitment for 2015 Batch in progress
- Staff : Student ratio: 1:13.85
- Number of teaching staff: 143
- Break up of teaching staff:
- 21 Professors + 5 Associate Professors + 111 Asst. Professors + 3 Lecturers + 3 Research Assistants
- Senior Staff (>10 years): 80
- Average experience: 10.1 years
- Staff with Ph. D. degree: 17
- Staff pursuing Ph.D. degree: 17
- Staff with PG degree: 140
- Publications: Journals/ International conference / National conference / Technical books –120
- Titles – 4,492 Volumes – 19,958 National & International journals – 146, Member INDEST consortium
- Educational Aids: Digital LCD projectors, Smart boards, Overhead projectors
- Other Clubs: Kala Bhageerathi’ cultural club, ‘BNMIT Friends of Nature’ nature club, 'Q Quotient - The Quiz Club'.
- Sports: Gymnasium, Tennis, Table tennis, Volley ball, Basket ball, Shuttle badminton etc.
- Hostel for boys: 150 students
- Hostel for girls: 150 students in the Campus
- Campus Recruitment details of students passing out in 2015 Batch
- RareMile Technologies CSE/ISE/ECE: 4 2 1 => Total: 100
- Infosys ALL Branches + M.Tech: 44 12 33 6 13 2 => Total:110
- Accenture ALL Branches: 84 32 70 22 30 21 => Total:259
- Cognizant ALL Branches: 56 25 47 14 15 9 => Total:166
- Celstream CSE/ISE: 1 3 => Total:4
- HP TCE : 2
- Subex CSE : 2
- Cap Gemini CSE/ECE/TCE: 2 2 2 => Total:6
"Total number of eligible students : 418"
Campus management software
BNMIT is progressing very well in academics and other activities. From January 2015, BNMIT is implementing Campus Management Software system. This will help students to get access to the notes, assignment materials, mission, vision of the Institute/department, online quiz, question bank, test marks, attendance, external examination marks, submission of feedback, course and program exit surveys etc., at their finger tips. Parents will be informed about the progress of their ward routinely, online.
Tatva is an inter-collegiate fest conducted annually. It is named as Tatva 2015 for the present academic year.
Aarohan is the inter-college fest conducted annually by Management Students . From 2018 Dr Purushottam is head of Team Aarohan.