B.V.B. College of Engineering and Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Creating Value, Leveraging Knowledge|
|Type||Education and research institution|
Government Aided (Autonomous)
|Campus||Urban area |
53 acres (210,000 m2)
It was affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, the university to which all engineering colleges in Karnataka are affiliated. From 2007, it became an academically autonomous college, one of only 15 colleges under VTU to be so chosen. It is an ISO:9001-2000 certified institution and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
In 2014 the college was recognized as a state private University by Government of Karnataka. The rich heritage of BVB College as one of the best engineering college combined with brand equity of KLE Society are the starting points for KLE Technological University to emerge as a University with a national distinction.
BVBCET was established by the Karnatak Lingayat Education Society (KLE Society). It owes its name to the businessman-philanthropist Basappa Veerappa Bhoomaraddi. It began as a polytechnic in Gadag but shifted to Hubballi in 1948 and upgraded to a college. Until 1972, it offered both diploma and undergraduate degree programs. It now offers 12 undergraduate programs and eight postgraduate programs besides research programs in seven disciplines. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and its undergraduate programs are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Established in 1947, BVBCET offers 12 UG and 8 PG programs affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, is recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and is accredited to NBA. Current annual student intake for Undergraduate & Post Graduate programmes is in excess of 1200.
Emergence as KLE Technological University
Keeping the above challenges in mind BVB College of Engineering and Technology, undertook strategic initiative of transforming itself into a University of national distinction. In 2014 the college was recognized as a state private University by Government of Karnataka.
Spread over 53 acres (210,000 m2), the campus contains various buildings with classrooms, laboratories and hostels for both boys and girls.
- Sankalp Semiconductor has a branch office within the college premises and works with the Electronics and Communications Department.
- Navya Biological has a Process Development Centre within the college premises and works with the Biotechnology Department.
- IBM Software Centre of Excellence has created a group with the aim of improving the technical skills of the students.
- Bosch Center of Competence for Automation Technologies is in the campus.
- "About Us - KLE Technological University". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- "BVB College upgraded as university - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "An experience of wealth: Tales of the Kannadiga crorepatis - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to B.V.B. College of Engineering and Technology.|