KLE Technological University
|B.V. Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering and Technology|
|Motto||Creating Value, Leveraging Knowledge|
|Vice-Chancellor||Ashok S. Shettar|
|Campus||Urban area |
64 acres (260,000 m2)
KLE Technological University is a private university in Hubli-Dharwad, Karnataka, India. It was earlier known as B.V.B. College of Engineering and Technology (BVBCET) and was upgraded to a university under the KLE Technological University Act, 2012. The school was founded by the KLE Society, Belgaum, in 1947.
KLE Technological University (formerly BVBCET) was established by the Karnatak Lingayat Education Society (KLE Society) in 1947. It owes its original name to the businessman-philanthropist Shri Basappa Veerappa Bhoomaraddi. It began as a polytechnic in Gadag but shifted to Hubli in 1948 and upgraded itself to a college. Until 1972, it offered only diploma and undergraduate degree programs. Later, it offered 12 undergraduate programs and eight postgraduate programs besides research programs in seven disciplines. It was affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and its undergraduate programs were accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of the All India Council for Technical Education.
Current annual student intake for Undergraduate & Post Graduate programmes is in excess of 1200.
The university offers 8 undergraduate programs, 7 postgraduate programs and research programs in seven disciplines.
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- School of Computer Science and Engineering - SoCSE
- School of Electronics & Communication Engineering - SoECE
Centre for Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship - CTIE
Centre for Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship - CTIE, at BVB Campus, KLE Technological University, was established in 2012 and has been providing space, mentorship, technical support and access to labs for tech start-ups through the incubation model.
CTIE works closely with the Centre for Innovation and Product Development (CIPD) as a feeder of commercializable technology ideas. CIPD has a vision to promote product development competency in engineering students. It ensures multi disciplinary approach to connect to students from various engineering and business streams to work together.
VLSI/ ESDM Incubation Centre
Hubballi got a unique facility when the VLSI/ ESDM incubation centre to promote startups in this sector was opened at the KLE Tech Park at KLE Technological University (KLETU) on July 17, 2018.
Karnataka Biotechnology & Information Technology Services (KBITS), Indian Electronics & Semiconductors Association (IESA) and KLETU have come together to develop this facility to support entrepreneurs in the emerging sector of VLSI/ ESDM (Very Large Scale Integration/ Electronics System Design and Manufacturing). IT-BT, Science & Technology and Large & Medium Industries Minister K J George inaugurated the centre on July 17, 2018. IT-BT Department Principal Secretary Gaurav Gupta, IESA Working President Anilkumar M, KLETU Vice Chancellor Ashok Shettar, Deshpande Foundation founder Gururaj Deshpande, Deshpande Foundation CEO Vivek Pawar, KLE Society director Shankaranna Munavalli and others were present.
- Sankalp Semiconductor has a branch office within the university premises and works with the Electronics and Communications Department.
- Navya Biological has a Process Development Centre within the university premises and works with the Biotechnology Department.
- IBM Software Centre of Excellence has created a group with the aim of improving the technical skills of the students.
- Bosch Center of Competence for Automation Technologies is in the campus.
- Altair Engineering India has partnered with KLE Technological University to set up the Altair Design Innovation Center (ADIC) at the KLE Technological University Hubli campus.
- Samsung has set up Student Ecosystem for Engineered Data (SEED) Lab for artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and data engineering at the KLE Technological University, Hubli. 
|University and college rankings|
|Engineering – India|
Spread over 64 acres (260,000 m2), the campus has buildings with varied architecture, comprising classrooms, laboratories and hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- "Private University Karnataka". University Grants Commission (India). Archived from the original on 22 December 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "State to Get 13 More Private Universities". DNA : Daily News & Analysis – via HighBeam (subscription required). 14 December 2012. Archived from the original on 9 January 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "BVB College upgraded as university". The Times of India. 10 May 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "About Us - KLE Technological University". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
- "BVBCET | Programs". www.bvb.edu. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "About Us". School of Mechanical Engineering. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "About School of Civil Engineering". School of Civil Engineering. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "About SoCSE". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "About SoECE". SoECE. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "Centre for Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship". www.klectie.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Incubation centre opened at KLE Technological University". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 18 July 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 18 July 2018.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "ECE - KLE Technological University". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "IBM Software Centre of Excellence - Karnataka". Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "ARE - KLE Technological University". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "Altair Engg sets up design centre in Hubbali university". @businessline. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Samsung-KLE Tech University set up AI, ML,Data Engineering Lab". @outlook. Retrieved 21 August 2021.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2021 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 9 September 2021.
- Aug 27; 2020; Ist, 04:45. "KLE Technological University bags Band A in ARIIA ranking | Hubballi News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 August 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "KLETU in Band A innation-wide ranking". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 26 August 2020. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 29 August 2020.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "An experience of wealth: Tales of the Kannadiga crorepatis - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "On 'KBC', Sudha Murthy talks about being the only female student among 599 boys". The News Minute. 27 November 2019. Retrieved 7 January 2021.