B. Clay Moore
|B. Clay Moore|
B. Clay Moore.
Moore first achieved notoriety as the writer and co-creator of Hawaiian Dick, first published in 2002 by Image Comics. Since then, he has co-created Battle Hymn, with Jeremy Haun, and The Expatriate, with Jason Latour for Image Comics, and The Leading Man, also with Jeremy Haun, for Oni Press. Moore has also written for Harris Publications, Devil's Due, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Slave Labor Graphics, Top Cow Publications, Archie Comics, Lion Forge, Viz Publications, and Pennyfarthing Press, among others.
A new Hawaiian Dick series debuted in November of 2007, with art by Scott Chantler, and covers by Hawaiian Dick co-creator Steven Griffin. The book was sub-titled "Screaming Black Thunder," and ran for five issues. Also in 2007, Moore scripted a three-issue JSA Classified story arc, featuring art by Ramon Perez, and published '76, with art by Ed Tadem, and also featuring the work of writer Seth Peck and artist Tigh Walker. Moore also contributed a story to Marvel Comics Presents, featuring the Marvel character Stingray, with art by Lee Weeks. His three-part Superman Confidential arc the same year featured art by Phil Hester and Ande Parks.
In 2008, Warner Brothers optioned the unpublished graphic novel, Billy Smoke, from Oni Press, for development as a feature film. Moore co-created the property with artist Eric Kim. Matthew Fox was attached to star in the film, but the film has yet to enter production. Billy Smoke remains unpublished as of 2016.
In 2010 WildStorm announced the forthcoming The Further Adventures of the Whistling Skull, an upcoming creator-owned title with artist Tony Harris, originally set to debut in 2011. In September 2012, DC Comics announced the book would be appearing under the title JSA The Liberty Files: The Whistling Skull, and the book was ultimately released with a cover date of February, 2013.
In late 2015, it was announced that Hawaiian Dick had been optioned by NBC for development as a network television series, with Johnny Knoxville (who had previously been attached to a film adaptation of Hawaiian Dick optioned by New Line Cinema in 2004) on board as a producer.
A new four-issue series called Savage, co-created by Moore and artist Lewis LaRosa, published by Valiant Comics, debuted in November, 2016. Moore had previously written a single issue of Bloodshot for Valiant Comics in 2014.
Moore currently lives in suburban Kansas City.
Moore is the son of John E. Moore, the former Lieutenant Governor of Kansas.
- Love in Tights (Slave Labor Graphics, 1998)
- Hawaiian Dick (2002)
- Hawaiian Dick: The Last Resort (with Steven Griffin, Image Comics, 2004)
- Battle Hymn: Farewell to the First Golden Age (with Jeremy Haun, Image Comics, 2004)
- The Leading Man (with Jeremy Haun, Oni Press, 2005)
- Hawaiian Dick: Screaming Black Thunder (with Scott Chantler, Image Comics, 2008–2009)
- '76 (Image Comics, 2007–2009)
- Superman Confidential #12-14 (with Phil Hester and Ande Parks, DC Comics, April 2008)
- JSA Classified #35-37 (with Ramon Perez, DC Comics)
- Casey Blue: Beyond Tomorrow (with Carlo Barberi, WildStorm, May 2008)
- Our Fighting Forces #1 (with Chad Hardin), DC Comics, November 2010)
- The Further Adventures of the Whistling Skull (with Tony Harris, Wildstorm, 2011, forthcoming)
- Bloodshot (comics) #24 - Ongoing (Valiant, October 2014, ongoing series)
- Renaud, Jeffrey (April 19, 2010). "Following "The Further Adventures of the Whistling Skull"". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on 22 April 2010. Retrieved April 19, 2010.
- Hawaiian Dick website
- B. Clay Moore at the Comic Book DB
- B. Clay Moore on Myspace
- Official Message Board at Image Comics
- Atomic Revolver on Myspace
||This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|