Dr. B. Ekbal (10 March 2018)
ഡോ. ബി. ഇക്ബാല്
|Other names||Dr. Ekbal Bappukunju|
|Education||M.B.B.S., M.S., Mch|
|Occupation||Public health activist, Neurosurgeon, Academic and member of Kerala State Planning Board.|
|Organization||Kerala State Planning Board, Kerala University|
|Known for||Health activism, Academic contributions, Planning board member|
|Title||Vice Chancellor, University of Kerala|
|Spouse(s)||Dr. A Meharunnisa|
Dr. Ekbal Bappukunju is a public health activist, a neurosurgeon, and an academic in Kerala, India and is serving as a member of the Kerala State Planning Board since 2016. He was the Vice-chancellor of the University of Kerala during the period 2000–2004.He completed his pre-degree from St. Berchmans College Changanacherry. He was a member of the Kerala State Planning Board from 1996 to 2000, during which he played a vital role in People's Plan Campaign, a decentralization move by the Government of Kerala.
He was the Chairman of Kerala State Pollution Control Board. He is also one of the joint convenors of Jan Swasthya Abhiyan (Public Health Movement - India). He is the President of the Democratic Alliance For Knowledge Freedom, Kerala.
He was the chairperson of the Expert Committee set up by the Government of Kerala to explore the possibility of setting up a new university of health sciences. The committee submitted its report on the proposed structure and functions of the university in April 2007.
Ekbal is an activist of Kerala Sastra Sahitya Parishad and has held various offices in the organisation. He was the President of Kerala Sastra Sahithya Parishad from 1983-85. He was former editor of the online Science Journal of Kerala Sastra Sahithya Parishad: www.luca.co.in.
Ekbal is a follower of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI(M)) from which he was expelled in 2004 by left-wing hardliners. His membership was later restored. He is married to Dr. A Meharunnisa, the former Principal and Professor of Anatomy of Govt. TD Medical College at Alappuzha. and Kottayam Medical College .Who is currently working as head of department of anatomy in SUT medical College Trivandrum.
- User, Super. "Board at a glance". spb.kerala.gov.in. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- Former vice chancellors of the University of Kerala  Accessed: 2008-10-20. (Archived by WebCite at )
- Kerala state pollution control board members
- Jan Swasthya Abhiyan (Public Health Movement - India)
- Focus on promoting medical research in State  Accessed: 2008-10-20. (Archived by WebCite at )
- Jha, Ajit Kumar (21 June 2004). "Even as new generation leaders rise to the top, fissures over reforms dog CPM". India Today. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Kerala Assembly Election - 2011 CPI (M) Candidates". Kerala: List of Candidates. CPI(M). Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Elamon, Joy; Franke, Richard W.; Ekbal, B. (2004), "Decentralization of health services: the Kerala People's Campaign." (PDF), Int J Health Serv, New York: Baywood Publishing Co., 34 (4): 681–708, doi:10.2190/4L9M-8K7N-G6AC-WEHN, ISSN 0020-7314, PMID 15560430, archived from the original (PDF) on 1 September 2006 Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Ekbal, B. (8 December 2000). People’s Campaign for Decentralised Planning and the Health Sector in Kerala. People's Health Assembly, 1st meeting, Gonoshasthaya Kendra, Savar, Bangladesh. People's Health Movement. Archived from the original on 4 December 2008. Retrieved 20 October 2008. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help); External link in
- Ekbal, B., ed. (1988), A Decade after Hathi Committee (Committee on Drugs and Pharmaceutical Industry), Trivandrum, India: Kerala Sastra Sahitya Parishad, OCLC 21041689, archived from the original on 13 December 2012 Cite uses deprecated parameter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to B. Ekbal.|