B. J. Daniels (American football)
Daniels in 2014
|No. 35 Atlanta Falcons|
|Date of birth:||October 24, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Tallahassee, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||217 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Tallahassee (FL) Lincoln|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 237|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Bruce Edward Daniels, Jr. (born October 24, 1989) is an American football running back for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft after playing college football at South Florida. He played quarterback for South Florida and the Seattle Seahawks, before moving to wide receiver in 2015. He won Super Bowl XLVIII with the Seahawks over the Denver Broncos.
Born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida, Daniels graduated from Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, where he once threw 6 touchdowns and 723 yards in a game vs Demply Prep. Daniels finished the 2009 season with 1983 yards passing, 772 yards rushing, and 23 total touchdowns. Daniels responded in his junior year with 3,205 total yards. Daniels was on his way to becoming the all time yardage leader in Big East history when his senior season was cut short due to injury. Daniels ended his college career with 8,433 yards passing for 52 TD's, and 2,068 yards rushing for another 25 scores. Daniels achieved 10,501 total yards and 77 total touchdowns at USF, and finished his career second on the all time Big East yardage leaders. Daniels finished his college career high on all of USF's rushing and passing leaderboards. Daniels is also a member of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in||222 lb||4.63 s||1.57 s||2.70 s||4.27 s||7.02 s||32 1⁄2 in||9 ft 6 in||20 reps|
|All values from South Florida Pro Day|
San Francisco 49ers
Daniels was claimed off waivers on October 2, 2013 by the Seattle Seahawks. Daniels was waived by the Seahawks on November 16, 2013. Daniels cleared waivers and the Seahawks signed him to the practice squad on November 18, 2013. On June 2, 2015, Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell announced that Daniels would be making the switch to wide receiver for the 2015 season. Daniels was waived by the Seahawks on October 13, 2015. The team re-signed him two days later. On October 27, 2015, the Seahawks waived Daniels, but he re-signed with the team's practice squad soon after. On November 24, 2015, he was promoted to the active roster. On December 15, 2015, Daniels was waived.
On December 21, 2015, Daniels was signed off the Seattle Seahawks' practice squad by the Houston Texans. On December 27, 2015, Daniels made his Texans debut against the Tennessee Titans, passing 1–2 for 7 yards and rushing for 6 yards.
New York Giants
- Ferrante, Bob (September 26, 2009). "QB Daniels, Strong Defense Lead USF past FSU". Lakeland Ledger. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- South Florida Bulls 2012 Statistics – Team and Player Stats – College Football – ESPN
- B.J. Daniels Stats – South Florida Bulls – ESPN
- "B.J. Daniels". sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- "B.J. Daniels". nfldraftscout.com. Retrieved September 12, 2016.
- Barrows, Matt (April 27, 2013). "Night kap: 49ers take mobile USF quarterback in final round". The Sacramento Bee.
- Wesseling, Chris (October 2, 2013). "B.J. Daniels claimed off waivers by Seattle Seahawks". National Football League. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Farnsworth, Clare (November 16, 2013). "Russell Okung returns; QB B.J. Daniels released". Seahawks.com. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Condotta, Bob (November 18, 2013). "Seahawks re-sign QB Daniels to practice squad". The Seattle Times. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- Kelly, Danny. "Darrell Bevell: B.J. Daniels "primarily a receiver" for Seahawks heading into camp". SB Nation. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Boyle, John (October 15, 2015). "Seahawks re-sign WR B.J. Daniels, add LB Tyrell Adams to practice squad". Seattle Seahawks. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- Phearis, Tybe (October 27, 2015). "Seahawks sign RB Bryce Brown, waive WR B.J. Daniels". Seattle Seahawks. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- Larrabee, Kirk. "WR B.J. Daniels returns to Seahawks practice squad". 247Sports. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- Boyle, John (November 24, 2015). "Seahawks Re-Sign RB Bryce Brown and Promote WR B.J. Daniels from Practice Squad; Waive DT A.J. Francis and Place LB Nick Moody on IR". Seahawks.com. Retrieved November 29, 2015.
- "Seahawks cut RB DuJuan Harris, WR B.J. Daniels". SI.com. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘disappointed’ after losing B.J. Daniels to Texans". The Seattle Times. 2015-12-21. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "Texans' B.J. Daniels: Makes Texans debut in Week 16 - CBSSports.com". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- Eisen, Michael (May 9, 2016). "Giants sign DE Ishaq Williams; Announce roster transactions". Giants.com. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- Marron, Brian (June 17, 2016). "Logan Thomas Signed by Giants, B.J. Daniels Waived: Details, Comments, Reaction". Bleacher Report. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- Bell, Allan (July 27, 2016). "Chicago Bears sign CB Brandon Boykin and WR BJ Daniels". 247Sports. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears trim 22 to reach 53-man limit". ChicagoBears.com.
- Jackson, Curtis (December 19, 2016). "Falcons Sign Daniels to Practice Squad, Waive McKissic". AtlantaFalcons.com.
- Choate, Dave (February 8, 2017). "Falcons sign several players to future contracts for 2017". TheFalcoholic.com.
- "B.J. Daniels". pro-football-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved September 12, 2016.