B. V. Nandini Reddy
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nandini Reddy at the success meet of Mahanati in May 2018
|Years active||2011 - present|
Nandini Reddy was born in Hyderabad. Her father Bharath.V.Reddy was a chartered accountant settled in Bangalore. The family hailed from Chittoor district and her mother Roopa Reddy is from the Pingle family hailing from Warangal district. Nandini has a younger brother.
Reddy was educated at St. Ann's High School, Secunderabad, and earned a degree at Women's College, Koti. She also holds a master's degree in politic science from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. She was active in dramatics, elocution and cricket throughout her school and college years.She is also one of the judges in a Telugu talent show "ADHURS".
Reddy was introduced to Gangaraju Gunnam through a mutual friend and in 1995 she worked on his children's movie Little Soldiers as an Assistant Director. After that film was released, cinematographer Rasool Ellore introduced her to Krishna Vamsi, who refused at the time to take her into his team. She was idle for a year before being offered work on the Kannada film Santhi Santhi Santhi. Actress Ramya Krishnan then persuaded Vamsi to take her for his next project, Chandralekha. She became an integral part of Vamsi's team up to and including the filming of Shakti, a Hindi remake of Anthahpuram.
in 2019, she directed her fourth film Oh! Baby, starring Samantha Akkineni. Produced by People’s Media Productions and Guru Films along with Suresh Productions, this is the second time Samantha and Reddy worked together.
|2011||Ala Modalaindi||Nani, Nithya Menen||Nandi Award for Best First Film of a Director |
Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu
|2013||Jabardasth||Siddharth, Samantha, Nithya Menen|
|2016||Kalyana Vaibhogame||Naga Shourya, Malavika Nair|
|2019||Oh! Baby||Samantha, Rao Ramesh, Naga Shourya|
|2017||Mana Muggari Lovestory||Yupptv||Navdeep, Tejaswi Madivada||Creator|
|2018||Gangstars||Amazon Video||Jagapathi Babu, Navdeep, Swetha Basu Prasad||Creator|
- Nandi Award for Best First Film of a Director (2010) for Ala Modalaindi
- The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011 - Best Screenplay for Ala Modalaindi.
- SIIMA Award for Best Debutant Director (Telugu)
- "Tollywood gives kiss a miss - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 15 September 2003. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- M. L. Narasimham (22 July 2010). "Arts / Cinema : Charm of romantic comedies". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Nandini Reddy interview - Telugu Cinema interview - Telugu film director". www.idlebrain.com. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Defiant men and hurt egos: Being a woman filmmaker in the south Indian film industries". The News Minute. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- Hooli, Shekhar H. (20 June 2019). "Oh Baby trailer review: Critics and audience say Samantha make us cry, laugh and think". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- siva (1 June 2019). "'Oh Baby' gets release date". www.thehansindia.com. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Director Nandini Reddy on Kalyana Vaibhogame, marriages, then and now". The Hindu. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Nandi awards 2010 announced - Telugu cinema news". Idlebrain.com. 5 August 2011. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|